An Eastbourne high street store has been saved after being sold by administrators. Footwear and fashion retailer tReds was taken over by administrators Ross Connock and Zelf Hussain of PwC on 29 January 2019 following a fall in revenue. Retail company New Gray Ltd completed the purchase of the company on February 8, securing the future of all 21 stores across the UK and its online platform.Administrators insisted the fate of Eastbourne’s Terminus Road store, and its seven employees, was never in doubt and this month’s sale will likely ease any concerns.Ross Connock, PwC director and joint administrator, said: “This deal safeguards the jobs of all 159 members of staff and the continued trading of all 21 stores. In an extremely challenging environment, the sale provides a much needed boost for the retail sector and high street and stability for employees.”A PwC spokesman said that prior to going into administration, tReds had faced similar challenges to those seen across the retail sector, including changing consumer behaviour and economic uncertainty, resulting in reduced revenues. Sussex workers want digital GPs, study reveals
- High Street from Haweswater via Riggindale Ridge
- Halesworth: Care home manager used patients’ bank cards to withdraw cash, shop on the high street and make online purchases
- What impact is the retail boom at Beardmore Park, Martlesham, having on nearby high streets?
- Does Ipswich have too many shops? High street report claim rejected
- Sears to close St. Paul’s Rice Street store
- Food Ranch Closes: Iconic Joe's Valley Grocery Store Goes Out of Business
- Amazon to offer one-day shipping worldwide in latest blow to struggling high-street rivals
- Driver in Ruislip High Street crash died
- A Climb of High Street From The Air
- Reports of pedestrian hit by car near Cosham high street
Eastbourne high street store goes into administration have 295 words, post on www.eastbourneherald.co.uk at February 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.