caption Chime co-founders Chris Britt and Ryan King are going up against the big banks. source Chime Challenger bank Chime added 10,000 new bank accounts over the past 24 hours following an outage at Wells Fargo that left some customers unable to use their debit cards or access their online accounts. Chime is also close to raising $300 million at a $1.5 billion valuation, according to Bloomberg. The recent outage at Wells Fargo which left some customers unable to use their debit cards may have infuriated its customers, but it was good news for some upstart banks. Chime, a pure-play digital bank, opened nearly 10,000 new bank accounts over the past 24 hours which was a company record, according to to Chime’s co-founder and CEO Chris Britt. Britt didn’t single out Wells specifically, but said many of these new customers were frustrated with their experience at big Main Street banks. “We definitely saw a huge uptick in consumers reaching out to us on Twitter and other social media channels, with the general sense that a lot of them were just at the end of their rope,” he said. “People either singing our praises or asking questions about [Chime]. We even… Read full this story
- Man, 29, hired by Wells Fargo to be in charge of its cash vault 'stole $88,000, cooked the books to cover up theft and then flashed the cash, jewelry and new Mercedes on Facebook'
- Father, 20, hanged himself just 24 hours after being refused bed at psychiatric unit - despite fears he would take his own life following traumatic split from his girlfriend, inquest hears
- Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo Teaser (24 Hours Statistics): A Mixed Bag!
- Australia Post holds record-breaking recruitment drive for its biggest Christmas ever
- Man who arrived at hospital with a 'stiff neck' is branded an 'attention seeker' by 24 Hours in A&E viewers - who claim he wasted NHS time 'just to get on TV'
- Melt-down-under: Australia set to broil in record-breaking 122F (50C) temperatures, as bushfires burn out of control
- Working towards providing 24-hour tap water: Kejriwal
- Sri Lankan family at the centre controversial deportation bid are given a final 24 hours to plead their case - but they could be booted from Australia TODAY
- Busy London road will become the UK's first 24-hour emission-free street when transport bosses start fining petrol and diesel cars £130 for driving down it next year
- The backroom boys (and girls) behind Boris Johnson's landslide win: How two Kiwi millennials dubbed the '24 hour meme machines', a camera-shy polling guru (and, of course, 'classic Dom' Cummings) masterminded Tories' election triumph
Challenger bank Chime just added a record-breaking number of accounts in 24 hours following the Wells Fargo outage have 426 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at February 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.