The team behind Scotland’s new dedicated TV news hour The Nine, which aired for the first time last night, has hired new correspondents in Westminster and Brussels to help it cover all “shades of opinion” on Brexit. The BBC’s new £32m BBC Scotland channel launched on Sunday. Its nightly 9pm news bulletin is presented by Rebecca Curran and ex-ITV journalist Martin Geissler, who are part of a 15-strong editorial team.TimelineFebruary 26, 2019BBC News to let 12-strong audience panel choose what Brexit stories it covers for one dayFebruary 22, 2019Diane Abbott says axed BBC late-night politics show This Week was ‘never surpassed’February 19, 2019’We’re making a difference’: BBC-funded local democracy reporters speak candidly about first year of scheme to fill news gaps Overall, 80 journalists have been hired to bolster up the BBC’s newsgathering in Scotland with the channel’s launch, with roles based across the nation, including in its smaller cities.This recruitment drive means The Nine can delve deeper into Brexit, Gary Smith, BBC Scotland’s head of news and current affairs, told Press Gazette.“Brexit is not just the in or out, leave or remain thing,” Smith said. “There are huge numbers of shades of opinion in between the two extremes. There are… Read full this story
- Organisers claim 'close to one MILLION' anti-Brexit protesters are marching on Parliament to demand second referendum while hoisting demonic Dominic Cummings effigy
- First woman to go through a pioneering operation for Glaucoma when her eye drops stopped working says it brought the pressure in her right eye to its lowest in 35 years
- In Trump era, Beto O'Rourke eyes an end to Republican grip on Texas
- Brexit or Bremain? Readers share the one argument that made up their mind
- Brexit Party manifesto policies 2019: Summary of policies for general election
- Boris Johnson is deluded if he thinks he can ‘get Brexit done’ in a hurry
- Fifty Shades of Grey leaves out all the joy of BDSM
- Brave cancer survivor had eye removed to beat disease - and still got a first in his finals
- Rudy Giuliani Suggests He Fed Information on Ukraine, Biden to Fox News' John Solomon
- Spotlight: Swing voters, tactical voting make Brexit election "hardest to predict"
BBC Scotland's The Nine aims to cover all 'shades of opinion' on Brexit and deliver the news 'through Scotland's eyes' have 371 words, post on pressgazette.co.uk at February 26, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.