Bank warns no-deal Brexit ‘biggest risk to Northern Ireland economy for generation’ BelfastTelegraph.co.uk The head of the Danske Bank says a no-deal Brexit would be the biggest risk to the Northern Ireland economy for a generation. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bank-warns-nodeal-brexit-biggest-risk-to-northern-ireland-economy-for-generation-37773679.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/article37773693.ece/aa505/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-02-07_bus_38322590_I1.JPG Email The head of the Danske Bank says a no-deal Brexit would be the biggest risk to the Northern Ireland economy for a generation. Kevin Kingston, chief executive of Danske Bank UK, said some businesses will not survive the UK crashing out and others would have to take “tough decisions” on the number of people they employ as well as consider their investments. He said he was gravely concerned. “A no-deal Brexit is the biggest risk to the Northern Ireland economy in a generation,” he said. The banker said that while a no deal was a “real possibility” he believed a solution could be found. Danske predicts a 1.2% growth in the Northern Ireland economy in the event of an “orderly Brexit”. Mr Kingston was not prepared to give a projection in the event of a no deal but anticipated a “shock”. “As the biggest bank in Northern Ireland, we have a strong insight into how thousands of local businesses operate. “We… Read full this story
- Northern Ireland economy weakened over past quarter, says Ulster Bank
- G7 Summit: Brexit 'Serious Risk' to Global Economy, Warn Leaders
- Irish business groups in no deal Brexit warning
- Private sector in Northern Ireland 'continuing to contract'
- Air passenger duty cut 'in Northern Ireland 'not value for money'
- Upskirting proposed as a criminal offence in Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland school funding shortage having 'devastating impact'
- Coronavirus: Two new cases in Northern Ireland
- Ireland to seek emergency EU help in case of no-deal Brexit
- Boris Johnson now wants to link Scotland and Northern Ireland by tunnel instead of bridge, says Scottish Secretary
Bank warns no-deal Brexit 'biggest risk to Northern Ireland economy for generation' have 332 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at February 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.