Winning an Oscar is supposed to be the peak of one’s career, as well as open doors to bigger and better projects. However, these 12 actors and actresses might attest to it having had the opposite effect. Winner Marcia Gay Harden even called winning “disastrous on a professional level.” The 2019 Academy Awards will air on February 24, after a long and sometimes tedious awards season. While there are some films and actors we at INSIDER believe were snubbed, perhaps they should be thanking their lucky stars. According to Organisation Science magazine, the “Oscar Curse” is “the colourful belief that misfortune paradoxically befalls Academy Award winners.” Though the magazine did not find evidence of said curse, these 12 actors might disprove those findings. Actress Halle Berry won a Razzie (awards for the worst in film) just a few years after getting her Best Actress Oscar, and following his Best Actor win for “Jerry Maguire,” Cuba Gooding Jr. went on to star in movies like “Snow Dogs,” which earned a 24% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Cuba Gooding Jr. won an Oscar for “Jerry Maguire” in 1997, and has since been nominated for four Razzies. Gooding Jr. had a bit of a… Read full this story
- Oscar Bait Worth Taking
- Oscar for the most popular film goes to … wait, not this year
- Israeli Politicians Condemn Marriage Of Jewish Actor To Arab Newscaster
- Burt Reynolds, Oscar-Nominated Star of ‘Boogie Nights’ and ‘Smokey and the Bandit,’ Dies at 82
- The Best Movies That Were Never Nominated for a Single Oscar
- Why the Emmys Are Better Than the Oscars
- Fishing for ‘Bait’ Amid Oscar’s Diversity Push
- Just How Many Oscars Could ‘A Star Is Born’ Win?
- Could Tom Cruise Still Win an Oscar? If He Wants to, Now’s the Time
- Here Are the 2018 Movies That Could Win the Major Studios Their Oscars
12 actors who might have been struck by the 'Oscar Curse' have 308 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at February 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.