The life cycle of information technology is becoming shorter every year. New competitors are disrupting industries by leveraging state-of-the-moment digital practices and processes. Customer expectations are constantly evolving in an accelerating race for the most advanced, hyperconnected, seamless experiences. IT functions are under unrelenting pressure to support leading-edge capabilities such as data analytics, cybersecurity, automated processing, and integration with third-party systems. The easiest way to do this is through platforms that connect everyone to the same cloud-based cross-industry digital infrastructure. In this context, your company’s legacy IT system, which seemed so capable a few years ago, is rapidly becoming obsolete. The systems modernization you need today is more than an upgrade; you’re playing a new game with new rules, in which you modernize not just the tools and functions, but the way you do IT. The vendors are largely the same, but the options and principles of the past no longer apply. Hardware no longer stands alone. Sensors and Internet connections are embedded in practically every tool, including those that used to be purely mechanical. Software is no longer sold as a package to install. It is offered as a platform, by subscription from the cloud, is automatically upgraded, and… Read full this story
- Net Neutrality Petition presented to Obama
- What you need to know about the Meltdown and Spectre CPU exploits
- The complete guide to mechanical keyboard switches for gaming
- Intel’s Core i9 9900K is up to 50% faster than AMD’s Ryzen 7 2700X in games
- The big interview: Phil Harrison and Majd Bakar on Google Stadia
- The 30 greatest Game Boy games
- Against RPG Decadence: Vince D. Weller Interview
- Not Forgotten: Bioware On Baldur’s Gate
- The RPG Scrollbars: Inkle Studios On Sorcery!
10 Principles for Modernizing Your Company’s Technology have 290 words, post on www.strategy-business.com at February 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.