In the movie “Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile,” playing at the Sundance Film Festival, Zac Efron plays the prolific serial killer and rapist Ted Bundy. The movie is drawing polarised reviews, as many critics say the movie glamorizes Bundy’s charisma. They argue director Joe Berlinger, who also made the Netflix documentary “Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes,” doesn’t sufficiently challenge Bundy’s charm. “I certainly don’t think we’re glorifying him because he gets his due,” Berlinger told the Salt Lake Tribune. One of the hottest tickets at the Sundance Film Festival this year is “Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile,” a biopic of Ted Bundy, the serial killer and rapist responsible for murdering at least 30 girls and young women in the 1970s. But the true crime drama, starring “High School Musical” and “Baywatch” heartthrob Zac Efron and directed by Joe Berlinger, has made many viewers uncomfortable, as The Salt Lake Tribune pointed out. To some critics, “Extremely Wicked” crosses the line from being critical of Bundy’s charm to falling sway to it. The trailer, released Thursday, is filled with upbeat rock music and features Efron as Bundy, mugging the camera while at one point bragging that he’s… Read full this story
- Zac Efron Terrifies as Serial Killer Ted Bundy in Creepy
- Ted Bundy Survivor Responds to Controversy Over Zac Efron's Portrayal of Serial Killer
- Everything to Know About Zac Efron's Ted Bundy Film — Including the Controversy Surrounding It
- Blondie's Debbie Harry Sets The Record Straight About Her Connection to Ted Bundy
- Garrett Clayton: Could He Be Disney's New Zac Efron?
- Ashley Tisdale Jokes Zac Efron Was Her Worst On-Screen Kiss: 'I Closed My Mouth So Fast'
- Accused Claremont serial killer Bradley Edwards lurked waiting for chance to murder, court told
- Claremont serial killer accused Bradley Edwards pleads not guilty in Supreme Court
- Who is Lorenzo Gilyard? Serial killer suspected of murdering 13 women and girls
- Claremont serial killer trial forensic expert says Bradley Edwards DNA contamination 'extremely unlikely'
Zac Efron's portrayal of serial killer Ted Bundy is being accused of romanticizing the brutal murderer have 340 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.