YPO (https://www.YPO.org), the premier leadership organization for chief executives in the world, will host more than 2,000 business leaders at YPO EDGE in Cape Town, South Africa, 6-7 March 2019. YPO EDGE is YPO’s annual showcase of thought leadership and innovation, bringing together visionaries, talented leaders, subject matter experts and unique voices from around the world to engage and inspire all that attend this invitation-only event.
“Cape Town is the ideal host city for YPO EDGE,” said Paul Berman, YPO member and Host City Chair. “The city is a renowned gateway to the worlds of business, technology, culture and innovation, and we are delighted for this opportunity to showcase all that the city has to offer to the talented group of global leaders who will be attending this premier event. YPO EDGE presents a very tangible way to showcase our country and the exciting future we have ahead of us to some of the world’s most influential business leaders.”
During a time of radical economic, technological, and societal change, leadership methods are being redefined and retooled to adapt for the future. The theme of this year’s YPO EDGE, Life of RE_, aims to provide opportunities, support and inspiration for young leaders as they reinvent themselves and their industries.
“For two remarkable days, YPO members will lean forward into the future and get connected to new ideas and fresh perspectives,” said YPO CEO Scott Mordell. “We are so looking forward to hosting these extraordinary global leaders in the wonderful city of Cape Town.”
From business sustainability to food scarcity solutions, YPO EDGE will feature many hot topics and brilliant minds including
• Massimo Bottura Top chef in the world and fighting food waste.
• Stephen Ibaraki Chairman REDDS Capital, Founder UN ITU AI for Good
• Anne-Marie Imafidon Co-founder STEMettes
• Dr. Vivienne Ming Co-Founder, Socos Labs
• Trevor Noah Comedian, Author, Host of “The Daily Show”
• Meik Wiking Founder and CEO, The Happiness Research Institute
• Mary Mazzio CEO, 50 Eggs Films
• Carlo Ratti Director, MIT Senseable City Lab and Founding Partner, Carlo Ratti Associati
• Carlo Rovelli Physicist & Author, The Order of Time
• Andria Zafirakou Winner of the Global Teaching Prize
• Manoush Zomorodi Co-Founder, Stable Genius Productions
After the event, YPO will create a real-world example of the Life of Re_ as it plans to repurpose structural elements from the event to be donated to community projects in Langa, historically known as Cape Town’s oldest township.
“We are purposefully reinvesting in the local community as a way to thank our host city,” added YPO EDGE Chair Ravi Naidoo. “We hope this important initiative will have both a positive impact and a lasting legacy on Langa long after the grateful leaders of YPO have left our shores.”
Beverley Schäfer, Minister of Economic Opportunities in the Western Cape said: “We are delighted to be hosting the YPO EDGE delegates in Cape Town this year. The conference will give us an opportunity to showcase Cape Town and the rest of our province as a tourism, events and investment destination to a network of chief executives and thought leaders from around the globe. As a province, our focus has been on growing an economy for the future with a focus on tech, innovation and the green economy. This year’s theme of the Life of Re_ is perfectly aligned to our focus on reskilling, redefining and recycling, and I believe the YPO delegates will find a lot to be excited about here.”
Paul Berman further shares, “We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to present South Africa to this group of business leaders and demonstrate, after a period of adverse international publicity, how we are overcoming our challenges. We have a chance to show that we are a nation at one, committed to work, to build, to change and to progress.”
Distributed by APO Group on behalf of YPO.
YPO Media Contacts: Natalie Naude [email protected] +27836410429 (South Africa)
Amy Reid [email protected] +1 646 678 0575 (United States)
Serena Marchionni [email protected] +34 699 903 472 (Europe)
Vickie Tikam [email protected] +60 012 331 7411 (Asia)
About YPO: YPO (https://www.YPO.org) is the premier global leadership organization for more than 27,000 chief executives in over 130 countries and the global platform for them to engage, learn and grow. YPO members harness the knowledge, influence and trust of the world’s most influential and innovative business leaders to inspire business, personal, family and community impact.
Today, YPO member-run companies, diversified among industries and types of businesses, employ more than 22 million people globally and generate USD9 trillion in annual revenues. For more information, visit ypo.org.
- With Interpol warrant, South Africa authorities close in on fugitive Gupta brothers
- South Africa: Family Accuses Farmer of Growing Potatoes on Ancestor’s Grave
- Africa Energy Week 2021, Taking Place in Cape Town; Will Focus on Investment, Oil and Gas, Renewables and Energy Transition
- South Africa's top university values Confucius Institute's role in two-way understanding of cultures
- Battling COVID-19, South Africa prepares for first vaccines
- Rassie Erasmus sees experience of South Africa’s overseas stars as an advantage
- South Africa offers investment opportunities to Asia Pacific investors
- Africa's biggest supermarket chain is betting on solar power
- South African Dockers’ Union Refuses to Unload Israeli Ship in Protest at Gaza Bombing
- Apple to host WWDC 2021 on June 7: Here’s how to livestream the event
- Caroline Flack’s boyfriend Lewis Burton ‘tired of the abuse’ as he stands by Love Island host after assault charge
- Countries in Africa fear they could become the next India as vaccine supplies dwindle
- Why UN peacekeeping missions have failed to pacify Africa's hotspots
- Vietnam among the top countries loved by Digital Nomads globally
- Xinhua Commentary: China, Africa would not fall into zero-sum trap
- Review: Global Citizen Festival, Including Beyoncé and Pearl Jam, Mixes Music and Activism
- Asia Cup: Pakistan may host the tournament in 2022, Sri Lanka in 2023
- Caroline Flack quits as Love Island host after being charged with assault
- Trevor Noah cuts a dash on the Grammys red carpet as he arrives in tuxedo to host awards show in LA
- Residents split on charter commission, deconsolidation at first Protect the City town hall
YPO to Host Largest Annual Gathering of Global CEOs in Cape Town, South Africa, 6-7 March 2019 have 1001 words, post on world.einnews.com at January 23, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.