CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Some West Virginia lawmakers want to pitch in millions of dollars for President Donald Trump’s wall-building effort along the U.S.-Mexico border. The GOP-led House of Delegates issued a statement Monday that a bill planned by three delegates would divert $10 million from West Virginia’s current $186 million budget surplus for wall construction. Trump’s seeking $5.7 billion overall to fund construction of a wall along about 235 miles (375 kilometers) of the border. The suggested offer from West Virginia would pay for a tiny fraction of the cost. Trump carried West Virginia by 42 percent points in the 2016 election, and 63 percent of state voters who cast midterm ballots approved of his job performance. Last week a Republican lawmaker in Montana proposed giving more than $8 million for the wall.
- EMS Director Posts Picture of Decapitated Dark-Skinned Men, Touts Trump Border Wall
- Trump border wall could take money from Fort Carson
- Was promise to Sen. Gardner broken? Trump border wall could take money from Fort Carson
- Trump border wall plan threatens $77 million in spending at Fort Carson
- Trump Border Wall GoFundMe Could Start Construction in 'Months, Not Years'
- Air Force’s Rome Lab security fence could be scrapped for Trump border wall
- Pentagon to defend projects targeted by Trump border wall
- Trump border wall prototypes demolished in California
- Northampton protesters decry Trump border wall: ‘This isn’t a national emergency’
- AZ Memo, Trump border wall Calexico, new bars, restaurants near Diamondbacks Chase Field, Sedona 1-day trip
West Virginia: Proposal to give $10m for Trump's border wall have 249 words, post on www.startribune.com at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.