Jan 13, 11:58 PM EST Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Business By Felix Richter 01/13/19 AT 9:21 PM This chart shows the aggregate value of venture capital deals in the United States. Photo: IBT/Statista Venture capital activity in the United States reached its highest level since the turn of the millennium in 2018. According to PwC and CB Insights’ quarterly MoneyTree Report, U.S. venture capital funding jumped to $99.5 billion last year, the second highest recorded total since the peak of the dot-com boom in 2000. Meanwhile, the number of completed deals dropped to the lowest level since 2013, a trend that was offset by an increase in $100+ million mega-rounds, of which a record number of 184 was completed in 2018.Despite the fact that venture capital funding is edging towards levels previously seen shortly before the internet bubble burst, another crash doesn’t seem imminent. As opposed to the dot-com era, the current surge in investment volume is mainly driven by large deals involving later-stage companies with proven track records. Internet companies profited most from the surge in VC funding, drawing a total of $36.7 billion in 2018. Healthcare and Mobile & Telecommunications were the other main beneficiaries, receiving $20.3 and… Read full this story
- Tech investors pull back from record highs as venture capital funding drops for first time since 2012
- Uncertainty in tax administration a key threat to private investments: Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association
- US-Iran tensions send gold to its highest level in nearly 7 years
- Private equity, venture capital putting money into solar development
- UN Chief: Global Tensions at 'Highest Level This Century'
- Mutual funds witness highest ever monthly SIP inflows in December
- Mutual funds clock highest ever monthly SIP collection in December
- Amid Iran-US tensions, gold jumps to highest level since 2013
- Geopolitical tensions at their highest level this century: UN chief amid US-Iran tensions
- UN's Antonio Guterres: Geopolitical tensions 'at their highest level this century'
US Venture Capital Funding Jumps To Highest Level Since The Dot-Com Era have 315 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.