LOS ANGELES — Rep. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., says that he’s donating campaign cash from prominent Democratic Party contributor Ed Buck after a second death was reported at his apartment in as many years. Lieu, a frequent critic of President Donald Trump, said in a statement dated Tuesday that he would donate $18,500 in contributions from Buck to African-American and LGBTQ nonprofits such as the NAACP and Lambda Legal. “I am deeply disturbed by the latest revelations of a second death by overdose at the home of Ed Buck,” Lieu said in a statement. “While we await the results of the law enforcement investigation, I am going to donate the contributions I have received from Mr. Buck to my federal campaign over the years.” NBC OUT The deceased was described by Buck’s attorney, Seymour Amster, as a 55-year-old longtime friend who showed up at Buck’s home in West Hollywood “intoxicated” on Sunday or Monday. Asked what kind of substance might have been involved, Amster said, “The behavior that was described seemed like it might have been more than methamphetamine.” Meth was listed as an “immediate cause” in the 2017 death of Gemmel Moore, who would have been 29 next week. His… Read full this story
- Democratic Donor Ed Buck Will Finally Face Federal Charges For His Role in the Death of Gemmel Moore
- Wealthy Democratic Donor Ed Buck Finally Arrested After Third Man ODs in His Home
- Second Death At Ed Buck's Home Was Meth Overdose: Coroner
- High Court impleads ED in money laundering case
- As Nitish Kumar allies with BJP, ED registers money laundering case against Lalu Prasad, family
- Kamala Harris’ backers are up for grabs. They could swing California
- Second Black Man Found Dead in Wealthy White Man’s Apartment Died of Meth Overdose: Police
- NC lawmaker may challenge Sen. Tillis after district redrawn
- Judiciary panel to take reins on Trump impeachment inquiry
- Is There a Political Reason Twitter Won’t Do More to Combat White Supremacy?
U.S. Rep. Ted Lieu ditches Ed Buck's money have 330 words, post on www.euronews.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.