President Donald Trump compared his border wall to the invention of the wheel on Thursday, arguing that wheels are effective and still commonly used in modern times. He said even the “really expensive” cars that the Secret Service uses have wheels. Trump made the remarks at a roundtable with lawmakers and local officials in McAllen, Texas, amid a government shutdown over funding for the border wall. President Donald Trump drew a bizarre analogy during his trip to the border in McAllen, Texas, on Thursday, likening a border wall to the ancient invention of the wheel and noting that wheels are effective and still commonly used in modern times. “They say a wall is medieval. Well, a wheel is older than a wall,” Trump said, though the earliest known border wall is actually thousands of years older than the wheel. “And I looked, and every single car out there, even the really expensive ones that the Secret Service uses – and believe me they are expensive – I said, ‘Do they all have wheels?’ ‘Yes.’ ‘Oh. I thought it was medieval.’” He continued: “The wheel is older than the wall. You know that? There are some things that work. A wheel… Read full this story
- PS4 TV Service Gets Price Drop, New Channels to Match Xbox One
- Just how useful are PC benchmark modes really?
- Project CARS Release Date Moved Up For Xbox One And PS4; New Pre-Order Car List Available
- Project CARS comparison video shows two years of evolution
- Ken Levine on his secret post-BioShock 'thought experiment'
- Rocket League DC Super Heroes DLC Pack with two premium Batman Battle-Cars coming in March
- PlayStation Vue, internet-based cable TV-like service, coming to PS3, PS4 and more
- Gran Turismo 6 Adds This Gorgeous Infiniti Concept Car
- Forza Horizon 4: how to unlock LaRacer @ Horizon missions: Out Run, Project Gotham Racing, Daytona, Sega Rally cars
- Sid Meier prototypes his ideas on a 20-year-old engine only he knows how to use
Trump said he knows a border wall will work because wheels work, and the Secret Service uses 'really expensive' cars with wheels have 326 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.