|The scene of the traffic accident on Thăng Long Boulevard, which killed two and injured five on February 21. — VNA/VNS Photo|
HÀ NỘI — Police in Hà Nội’s Thạch Thất District has decided to launch criminal proceedings against a truck driver following a deadly crash on the Thăng Long Boulevard on February 21.
Phạm Văn Thuận, 46, has been charged with violating traffic regulations. He will be held pending further investigation.
According to police, at 10.40am on February 21, a 29-seat bus crashed into Thuận’s truck when he tried to make a left turn into a no entry street.
A trailer then ran into the bus from behind.
The accident caused the death of a motorbike driver and his wife and injured five others. — VNS
- Banned Armagh truck driver who caused death of Dublin dad jailed for 10 months
- Truck driver shocked to find terrified toddler walking on busy highway in freezing cold at 1am
- Driver killed in crash close to cemetery
- Drink driver banned after crashing car following work Christmas party
- Driver arrested after crash on coast road
- Tipper truck driver killed Windsor Castle designer as she cycled to work after ‘failing to give her enough room on the road’
- Drunken Ukrainian truck driver rams German police car, killing young officer
- Truck driver goes on wild rampage through northern Bavaria
- JAILED: Truck driver who killed pedestrian while on his mobile phone is sent to prison
- Truck driver seriously injured trying to stop car misusing Autobahn rescue lane