At 3.30 p.m. the container truck was traveling on National Highway 1A when its driver lost control and rammed at least 20 motorbikes waiting at the traffic lights at the Binh Nhut crossroads in Ben Luc District, around 60 kilometers southwest of Ho Chi Minh City. Many of the motorbikes were dragged for over 150 meters before the truck came to a halt. Three people died on the spot while 17 others suffered severe injuries and were admitted to hospital. The truck driver, Pham Thanh Hieu, 32, fled the scene after the accident. Preliminary investigation indicated that he had tried to speed past the traffic light before it turned red. Three people died when this truck rammed 20 motorbikes at a traffic signal in Long An Wednesday. Photo by VnExpress/Hoang Nam The police are continuing their investigation. At 5:15 p.m. traffic was still blocked on the highway. During the four-day New Year holiday 136 accidents were recorded, in which 111 people died around Vietnam and another 54 were injured, according to the Traffic Police Department. This was a significant increase in fatalities from last year, when 67 died in three days. On average, one person dies every hour in road… Read full this story
- Police: 1 killed, 4 injured in crash involving dump truck
- Details emerge about 5 killed in nosediving plane crash in Southern California
- 1 killed, 1 injured in crash in Vicksburg
- Girl killed in dump truck crash identified; brother 'struggling for his life'
- 2 killed, 2 injured in crash of big rig and SUV in Kirtland
- Woman killed after pickup truck crashes into her minivan in Milwaukee, police say
- 5 killed when small plane crashes in Southern California
- One killed, two injured in crash during N.J. powerboat race
- FedEx truck crashes on Arkansas interstate, ends up over hillside on creek
- 25-year-old man killed in NH rollover crash
Three killed, 17 injured as truck crashes into motorbikes in southern Vietnam have 301 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at January 2, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.