President Donald Trump speaks with reporters after signing the tax bill and continuing resolution to fund the government in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington in December of 2017. NEW YORK — Millions of small-business owners will be in uncharted waters this tax season as they try to determine if they qualify for a deduction that could exempt one-fifth of their income from taxes. Five months after the IRS issued guidelines to help business owners and tax advisers understand how the complex deduction works, accountants and tax attorneys still have questions. Even those who have attended seminars and workshops about the new law have left scratching their heads, especially about a section that bars service providers like doctors, lawyers and consultants from claiming the deduction. Some of these company owners have businesses that don’t easily fit into the IRS guidelines or proposed regulations the agency has also issued. “There’s a lot of conflicting advice out there,” said Jeffrey Berdahl, an accountant with RLB Certified Public Accountants in Allentown, Pennsylvania. “It’s going to be like the Wild West.” THE BASICS The deduction is aimed at giving tax breaks to sole proprietors, partners and owners of S corporations; these… Read full this story
- Microsoft Markets Xbox One To Small Businesses
- How The New UK Tax Laws Will Affect Indie Developers
- Microsoft pitches Xbox One for small businesses, thinks it’s a “great investment”
- Vietnam Airlines earns 142 million USD in pre-tax profit
- Who are the British business leaders still backing Brexit?
- U.S. House committee seeks President Trump's tax returns from IRS
- UK Tax Relief For Game Developers Scrapped
- GTA V Publisher Rockstar Accused Of Tax Avoidance
- IRS Tried To Hide Emails Showing Tax Industry Influence Over Free File Programs: Report
- St. Louis County voters will decide on sales tax to support St. Louis Zoo
Small-business tax law befuddling have 311 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.