GIRLS’ SWIMMING AND DIVINGLady Trojan InvitationalAt Fountain-Fort Carson: Caitlin Cairns of St. Mary’s set an event record in the 100-yard backstroke and later won the 200 free to highlight Saturday’s finals at the Lady Trojan Invitational.Cairns’ time of 1:00.67 broke the mark of 1:02.08 set by Kennedy Terry of Pine Creek in 2017.Discovery Canyon’s Noel Clayton touched first in the 100 freestyle and also finished runner-up in the 200 individual medley.Loveland, Fairview and Broomfield took the first three spots in the team standings, respectively. Discovery Canyon finished fifth for the top local placing.BOYS’ BASKETBALLVanguard 81, Lamar 50At Lamar: Seth Fuqua scored 18 of his game-high 25 points in the first half and eclipsed the 2,000-point plateau to lead Vanguard to its seventh consecutive victory.The Coursers senior has 2,004 points, just six behind Pueblo Central grad Michael Ranson for 10th all time in the state.Dominique Clifford added 24 points, and Joseph Padilla chipped in with 15 points for Vanguard (10-2, 7-0 3A Tri-Peaks), which jumped out to a 24-12 lead in the first quarter.Harrison 48, Sierra 41At Harrison: Tayzhean Archuleta and Donta Dawson scored 12 points apiece to pace Harrison past district rival Sierra for the Panthers’ eighth straight win.Harrison (11-3,… Read full this story
- Richarlison adds to Southampton woes as Everton nick win at St Mary’s
- Jess Lockwood wins PBR Houston Invitational
- NBA roundup: Celtics lose Hayward, keep win streak going
- St. Mary Makes National List For Orthopedics
- Chelsea player ratings: Willian shines while Tomori is shaky as Blues romp to win at Southampton
- 'Rahul will win by over 5 lakh votes'
- Who is the Angriest Mary, Queen of Scots? A Ranking
- Why Mary Kom is an inspiration for us all
- SNL Boss Lorne Michaels Pays Tribute to Chris Farley During Emmy Win
- NHL roundup: Blues win 7th straight, again in OT
Saturday’s prep roundup: St. Mary’s swimmer Cairns wins twice at F-FC Invite have 302 words, post on gazette.com at January 18, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.