The second charge against him alleges that the under-reporting continued for another three years.Kelly, in contrast, was released on bail on December 25 and his lawyer said Friday he has since undergone surgery for spinal stenosis at a hospital in Ibaraki Prefecture and moved to a residence approved by the court.His legal team said they would file a bail application to free Ghosn, but they acknowledged that he is unlikely to be released, as it is uncommon for defendants in Japan who deny their charges to be granted bail ahead of trial, which in Ghosn’s case will be in about six months.Ghosn, once the most celebrated executives in the auto industry and the anchor of Nissan’s alliance with Renault, remains in custody in a Tokyo detention center since his initial arrest in late November.One of the most recognisable foreign executives in Japan, Ghosn was led into Tokyo District Court in handcuffs and with a rope around his waist and was noticeably thinner after more than 50 days of prison food.Ghosn’s lawyer Otsuru on Tuesday said Nissan had agreed to the arrangement on condition that any losses or gains would be Ghosn’s.Ghosn’s lawyers are now able to meet him.Following the indictments,… Read full this story
- CORRECTED-Nissan board to meet for ousting Ghosn as future of alliance in focus
- RPT-Nissan board set for tense meeting as alleged split over future leadership emerges
- Renault-Nissan to cut around 1,000 jobs at Chennai plant
- Executive's flight to PSA highlights Renault-Nissan tensions
- Renault Triber MPV: What To Expect
- 4-year-old boy dies after dental procedure in Oakland — state board investigating
- Alphabet board investigating how it handles sexual misconduct claims against executives
- Florida county board rejects library's New York Times subscription as 'fake news'
- Spotlight: Botswana youth expect new opportunities from China-Africa initiatives on African development
- Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to misleading investigators about Russia contacts; Manafort indicted on conspiracy
Renault, Nissan boards get investigation updates before expected new Ghosn indictment have 326 words, post on upbeacon.net at January 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.