Questor share tip: Quest Diagnostics, an American medical testing business, benefits from loyal customers and the opportunity to make cheap acquisitions Often it is the businesses that operate in unglamorous, behind-the-scenes areas that make the most promising investments. So it may prove with today’s stock, an American firm that carries out laboratory tests on behalf of doctors. It is common for physicians to outsource this work to specialist testing firms and our stock, Quest Diagnostics, is the largest such business in the US. “When we are deciding whether to invest in a particular company, one of the questions we ask is: what is the value to the ultimate customer?” said Ben Peters, who… To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free Register for free to continue reading this article Register Or unlock all Premium articles, free for 30 days Start trial Already have an account? Login Want to learn more? View all subscriptions
- Landmark Gender Equality Law In Iceland Not Producing Significant Returns
- Up to 110 news jobs up for grabs at firm in next year thanks to cash boost
- US federal judge says Donald Trump must produce tax returns
- Hockey the big winners as high-performance teams get cash boost
- Sean Gallagher firm in High Court dispute over heating system in Dublin premises
- With Evgeny Kuznetsov’s return, Capitals make cap-related roster moves
- Questor went international in 2016. How have our overseas tips performed?
- Questor’s Inheritance Tax Portfolio now has 20 stocks. How are they performing?
- With A 5.8% Return On Equity, Is American Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMSW.A) A Quality Stock?
- Can CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CEIX) Maintain Its Strong Returns?
Questor: unglamorous yes, but this firm produces high returns on capital and plenty of cash have 305 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.