PS Plus will not be needed for the Jump Force beta (Image: SONY)
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fans are getting a new free games bonus in January that won't require them to sign up to PS Plus.
Jump Force is an upcoming anime mash-up that will pit some of the most famous names against each other on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The fighting game will include tons of characters to try out and launches on February 15 on all platforms.
"For the first time ever, the most famous Manga heroes are thrown into a whole new battleground: our world," the official description teases.
"Uniting to fight the most dangerous threat, the Jump Force will bear the fate of the entire humankind.
"Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the famous Weekly Jump Magazine, Jump Force is also making the most of latest technologies to bring characters to life in a never-seen-before realistic design."
And before then a new Jump Force open beta will be released on PS4 and Xbox One, offering a new taste of gameplay.
A new open beta weekend is being hosted in January that will include some top characters and stages.
These will be available for a limited range of time and is being used as a way for Bandai Namco to test servers and matchmaking systems.
Players won't have all the characters to try out during the Jump Force open beta, which is set to run in sessions.
17 playable characters will be available to try out from January 18 to January 20.
PlayStation reveal 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro
This includes Luffy, Kenshin, Vegeta, Freeza, Blackbeard, Younger Toguro, Hisoka, Gon, Sasuke, Pegasus Seiya, Goku, Roronoa Zoro, Yusuke, Ichigo, Rukia, Kenshiro, and Naruto.
Five stages will be available to test out, including Namek, Matterhorn, Hong Kong, New York and Mexico.
Jump Force Open Beta release dates and times:
The Jump Force open beta is being hosted on the weekend of January 18 to January 20.
Jump Force Beta times:
- January 18 – 13:00 CET to 16:00 CET
- January 19 – 06:00 CET to 09:00 CET & 17:00 CET to 20:00 CET
- January 20 – 21:00 CET to 00:00 CET
And the best news for PS4 gamers is that an active PlayStation Plus subscription will not be required.
Bandai Namco confirmed today that a PS Plus in January will not be needed for multiplayer online during the open beta.
- Get PUBG on PS4 at a bargain price with this 12-month PlayStation Plus bundle
- PS Plus April UPDATE: New PS4 PlayStation deals and game news
- PlayStation Plus September 2018: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- Top 10 Best PS4 Racing Games
- PlayStation Plus Offers Bonus For PS4 Players This October
- Call of Duty: WW2 Beta Countdown Ends, Open-Beta to Start
- PlayStation Plus January 2019: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- PlayStation Plus February 2019: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- PlayStation Plus March 2019: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- PlayStation Plus April 2019: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- PlayStation Plus November 2018: all the free PS4 games you can get this month
- PlayStation Plus subscribers now get 100GB of cloud storage space
- These could be the cheapest PlayStation Plus membership prices you'll get before Christmas
- PlayStation Plus deal: don't miss this massive discount on a 12-month subscription
- Saturday's Best Deals: PlayStation Plus, Anki Toys, Power Tools, Sonos, and More
- How to Claim Your Free Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus Games Away From Your Console
- PS Plus, Xbox Live, Switch Online subscriptions breaking the law? Government investigates
- Best Accessories for PS4 2017: Controllers, hard drives, and more
- The best PS4 prices, bundles, and deals in May 2019
- Top 11 Best PS4 Headsets under 100$ 
PS4 free games news: Jump Force open beta will not require PlayStation Plus have 675 words, post on www.express.co.uk at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.