New Orleans police arrested a 33-year-old man after police say he molested a six-year-old girl while she was in his care, according to court documents.
Roderick Thompson was booked into the Orleans Justice Center Tuesday (Jan. 29) and faces charges of sexual battery, molestation of a juvenile and indecent behavior with a juvenile under 17, jail records show.
When the six-year-old girl’s mother returned from running an errand, her daughter told her that Thompson touched her underneath her clothing, according to court documents.
Her mother confronted Thompson and her daughter continued to talk about it in his presence, police said. The girl’s mother then called the police.
The girl told police she was looking at her notebooks while in the kitchen with Thompson when he started to touch her.
During an interview with a detective, Thompson said that the girl’s mother entered the kitchen and accused him of touching her daughter. He told police that the girl’s mother could not have seen him touching the six-year-old girl due to the house’s design and where he was sitting at the time. He then denied touching the girl, according to the documents.
Police collected a DNA swab and issued an arrest warrant for Thompson.
Thompson’s risk level was set at five, on a scale of six, in a Public Safety Assessment. The assessment is used to help judges better determine who poses a public-safety risk, as well as help lower the incarceration rate in New Orleans. The document suggested Thompson be under maximum supervision, if released. His bond was set at $20,000, jail records show.
According to court documents, Thompson’s lengthy criminal history dates back to 2003 and includes convictions stemming from burglaries to battery of a police officer.
- Police search for 12-year-old girl who went missing from Romford
- Police concerned for 16-year-old girl missing from Bestwood
- Police searching for 15-year-old girl missing from the Highlands
- Police concerned for 15-year-old girl
- R Kelly accused of soliciting 17-year-old girl
- 12 year old girl killed in M61 motorway crash
- Police issue MDMA warning after death of 15-year-old girl
- Investigation launched after death of two-year-old girl in Cork
- 12-year-old girl drowns in river as hot spell continues
- Police launch appeal for missing 14-year-old girl from Keighley
- Police appeal for help over missing 12 year old girl
- Teenager charged after death of 15-year-old girl
- Concerns growing for missing 10-year-old girl
- Growing concerns for missing 15-year-old girl from Shipley
- 15-year-old girl assaulted outside Cleethorpes bar
- Police re-open 25 year-old case into murder of Sheffield girl
- Police concerned for 91-year-old missing man
- Man, 21, drowned in reservoir trying to save nine-year-old girl
- Four-year-old girl and man attacked in car
- E-fit released after 14 year-old girl touched inappropriately
Police accuse man of molesting 6-year-old girl: warrant have 431 words, post on www.nola.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.