Micah Walker Detroit Free Press Published 3:26 PM EST Jan 29, 2019 Due to the bone-chilling temperatures that will sweep across metro Detroit and much of Michigan through Thursday, event venues, universities, and courts are preparing for the inclement weather by canceling events and classes. Most school districts throughout Michigan are cancelling classes Wednesday, while many have not made decisions about Thursday. Other places announcing closings include: 36th District Court The Detroit court building will be closed Wednesday and Thursday. Belle Isle Nature Center The center will be closed Wednesday. Central Michigan University The university will be closed Wednesday. College for Creative Studies The college will close Wednesday. Detroit Zoo The zoo will be closed Wednesday. Fox Theatre The performance of “Sesame Street Live! Make Your Magic” is canceled for 11 a.m. Wednesday. According to the Fox Theatre, tickets can be refunded at the point of purchase. Tickets purchased online or by phone will be automatically refunded. Attendees can reschedule for shows taking place on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. For more information, call Ticketmaster customer service at 800-653-8000. Meijer Gardens The Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday and will remain closed… Read full this story
- The polar vortex ravaging the US with extreme cold has killed at least 21 people
- These polar vortex maps will help you track the bone-chilling temperatures this week
- These stunning polar vortex photos and videos show a nation frozen over
- Polar vortex: Millions hit by freezing temperatures in US
- Polar Vortex: record breaking chill spreads east across US but weather begins to warm
- Polar vortex shutters GM, Ford, Fiat Chrysler plants
- The frigid 'polar vortex' cold snap engulfing the US is so bad it can give people frostbite in 5 minutes
- The frigid polar vortex that killed 21 people is on the way out — and temperatures are due to spike by up to 80 degrees
- Polar vortex delivers Arctic blast to U.S. Midwest
- The US is suffering through a polar vortex. Paradoxically, we may have global warming to thank for that.
Polar Vortex 2019: Michigan weather closings, cancellations have 343 words, post on eu.freep.com at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.