Kirkland Crawford Detroit Free Press Published 12:58 PM EST Jan 17, 2019 As we march closer to the Super Bowl, the focus for many other NFL fans has shifted to the 2019 NFL draft. On Thursday, the preeminent NFL draftnik has published a first-round mock. ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr. has predicted each of the 32 picks scheduled for April 25 in Nashville, Tenn. The Detroit Lions have the eighth overall pick. According to Kiper, they should go with defense, namely LSU linebacker Devin White. “White is a fly-to-the-football linebacker with similar athletic traits as Detroit middle linebacker Jarrad Davis, who was taken in the first round in 2017. The two could form a stellar tandem, as both are three-down linebackers. White isn’t a true pass-rusher, but he makes plays in the backfield,” Kiper wrote. White, entering the NFL draft after his junior season, had 123 tackles, 62 solo, three sacks and three forced fumbles in 2018. Kiper has Michigan defensive lineman Rashan Gary going with the next pick, No. 9 to the Bills. “At his peak, the 6-foot-6, 283-pound Gary is a menace who makes offensive linemen look foolish, but you’d like to see him do it with more regularity…. Read full this story
- With Andrew Luck, RGIII out of way, NFL Draft closes in on Mr. Irrelevant
- Projected 2020 NFL draft order: Who has the No. 1 pick?
- Detroit Lions release standing room tickets for Sunday's game against the Chiefs
- Cardinals' first-round NFL draft picks since 2000: Hits and misses
- NFL mock draft: Who would Arizona Cardinals take with No. 1 NFL draft pick in 2019?
- NFL mock draft: 2019 NFL draft projections for Arizona Cardinals with No. 2 pick
- Michigan's Devin Bush Jr. declares for NFL draft, out for Peach Bowl
- Eagles trade S Johnathan Cyprien for LB Duke Riley, and move up in 2020 NFL Draft
- How the NFL Draft Works
- Grocery shopping: Five college players to watch who could interest the Eagles in the 2020 NFL Draft
NFL draft: Mel Kiper says Detroit Lions take LB Devin White have 319 words, post on eu.freep.com at January 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.