The enormous, colorful Ice Castles are returning to New Hampshire this winter, but in a new spot.
This year, guests will find the towering ice formations that weigh more than 20 million pounds — complete with tunnels, thrones, fountains, slides, and LED lights — on Clark Farm Road in North Woodstock, N.H., a few miles from their previous location of the past five years at the Hobo Railroad in Lincoln.
The Utah-based company bought an 80-acre plot of land in North Woodstock in 2017, with plans to move the attraction there and add more winter activities, according to a company statement. This year for the first time, visitors to Ice Castles can buy tickets for horse-drawn sleigh rides.
“We are thrilled to bring Ice Castles back to New Hampshire this season,” said Ryan Davis, CEO of Ice Castles, in a statement. “And now, families looking to enjoy time together outdoors this winter can not only experience the magic of Ice Castles, they also have the option of taking a fun sleigh ride through a beautiful snow-covered forest.”
Tens of thousands of visitors go to Ice Castles each winter, according to the company.
The making of the castles is a six-month process that involves a crew of about 40 artisans handcrafting the attractions using hundreds of thousands of icicles, Davis told Boston.com last year. Each year, his team creates an entirely new design, he said.
The North Woodstock location is one of six Ice Castles locations in North America. The others are Dillon, Colorado; Excelsior, Minnesota; Lake Geneva, Wisconsin; Midway, Utah; and Edmonton, Canada.
Tickets for the New Hampshire location will be available beginning Wednesday night at icecastles.com.
- ANCAP: New HiAce, Nissan Leaf get 5-star crash safety ratings
- Best Black Friday Web Hosting Deals 2016 *50% to 85% OFF*
- New Jersey governor signs law protecting public beach access
- WordPress.com Launches New “Do Anything” Marketing Campaign
- Google News Digest: New Ad Formats, New Tools, AMP 2019 Improvements, and More
- If You Want A Fun New Beetle, Buy A Classic One Instead
- Bethesda Announces Two New DLCs For The Elder Scrolls Online At E3 #BE3
- India-spec all-new Maruti WagonR: Production begins?
- New South Wales looking to drive autonomous development
- Every New Hampshire Senate Democrat Signs Off on Adding Work Requirements to Medicaid