Singapore Press Holdings For the first time ever, Malaysian bank Maybank has made it to Brand Finance’s annual ranking of the world’s top 500 most valuable brands. The business valuation consultancy ranked the bank 494th on this year’s list. The only other Malaysian brand in the list was oil and gas company Petronas in 127th place, up from 132nd last year. In a statement on Monday (Jan 28), Maybank said that its brand valuation for 2019 was US$4.2 billion – up from last year’s US$3.16 billion. The five brands which topped the most valuable brand chart were Amazon, Apple and Google – which retained their positions last year – followed by Microsoft and Samsung. Brand Finance measures the values of brands by estimating their likely future revenues – based on their royalty rates – to arrive at a “brand value”, which is defined as how much net economic benefit a licensor would achieve if the brand is licensed in the open market. In the report’s Brand Strength Index (BSI) – a key contributor to brand valuation – Maybank rose from 82 out of 100 last year to 86 this year, improving its rating from AAA- to AAA. Datuk Abdul Farid Alias, group president and CEO of Maybank,… Read full this story
- Wahlberg to donate All The Money In The World reshoot pay to Time's Up campaign
- Valuable game time for Albion quartet ahead of FA Cup quarter-final trip to Manchester United
- Eddie Jones named World Rugby coach of the year - and first England boss since Sir Clive Woodward to win gong
- It's not all Jose Mourinho's fault... too many big-name players are playing small-time football at Man United
- Gulf War PoW: Operation Desert Storm was a world-changing moment in time
- Newcastle is named world’s No.1 destination to visit in 2018 by Rough Guide – so what is all the fuss about?
- EPFL named world's top ‘young' university once again
- Angus butcher’s pastry named world Scotch pie champion
- Calvin Harris named world’s highest earning DJ for fifth year in a row – raking in £37.4 million
- Ed Sheeran named world's best-selling artist of 2017
Maybank named among world’s top 500 most valuable brands for the first time have 348 words, post on www.businessinsider.my at January 29, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.