Business Marriott International Inc said on Friday that fewer than 383 million customer records were stolen in a massive cyber attack disclosed last month, down from its initial estimate that up to 500 million guests were affected. 04 Jan 2019 08:40PM Bookmark NEW YORK: Marriott International Inc said on Friday that fewer than 383 million customer records were stolen in a massive cyber attack disclosed last month, down from its initial estimate that up to 500 million guests were affected.The hotel operator also said that some 25.55 million passport numbers were stolen in the attack on the Starwood Hotels reservation system, 5.25 million of which were stored in plain text. Another 8.6 million encrypted payment cards were also taken in the attack, it said.Marriott previously confirmed that passport numbers and payment cards were taken, but not said how many.The company disclosed on Nov. 30 that it had discovered its Starwood hotels reservation database had been hacked over a four-year period in one of the largest breaches in history. At least five U.S. states and the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office are investigating the attack.Marriott also said that it had completed an effort to phase out the Starwood reservations database that it… Read full this story
- What to Sell on eBay - 3 Secrets That Clarifies and Cuts Through For Massive Profits
- Cricut Expression Cutting Machine - A Breakthrough in Paper Crafting
- How to Look Great in Plus Size Clothing?
- Plus Size Designer Clothing Tips - How to Look Great in Plus Size Clothing
- Plus Size Evening Wear - How to Find the Perfect Dress
- Top Ten Fashion Do's For the Plus Size Fashionista
- Plus Size Designer Clothing Market Expanding Fast
- Best Styles For Plus Size Gowns
- Plus Size Fashion Tips For Women Over 50
- Plus Size - You Are Beautiful - Dress Like It!
Marriott cuts estimate on size of massive Starwood hack have 303 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at January 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.