Marie Osmond looks incredible after losing 50lbs and her self esteem is at an all time high.
But there was a time when she was hurt by the trolls out there who picked on her for her figure. At one point, the pressure to look perfect got her down to a shocking 90lbs.
‘You have scars, it was the 1970s and it was a man’s world. Women were not empowered like they are now. Back then my self-esteem was pretty tough. You had to go inward to find it,’ the 59-year-old Dancing With The Stars vet told People this week.
The difficult years: Marie Osmond looks incredible after losing 50lbs and her self esteem is at an all time high. But there was a time when she was hurt by the trolls out there who picked on her for her figure so much that she went down to a shocking 90lbs; seen in 1975
Big fame: Her best known song is a remake of the country pop ballad Paper Roses. From 1976 until 1979, she and her singer brother Donny Osmond hosted the television variety show Donny & Marie
Her best known song is a remake of the country pop ballad Paper Roses. From 1976 until 1979, she and her singer brother Donny Osmond hosted the television variety show Donny & Marie.
‘As you get older and you can get through those things and you realize it wasn’t about you it was about them,’ she said of the haters.
‘You learn to move forward.’
She also said her brother Donny, who also competed on DWTS, had his struggles too.
‘I think for a while he just wanted to be him,’ said the beauty, who is a spokesperson for NutriSystem.
Her path: ’You have scars, it was the 1970s and it was a man’s world. Women were not empowered like they are now. Back then my self-esteem was pretty tough. You had to go inward to find it,’ the 59-year-old Dancing With The Stars vet told People this week. Seen in April
She waltzed her way into US hearts: In 2007, Marie competed on Dancing With The Stars; seen with partner Jonathan Roberts
‘He went through his phase of I’m a rock star. Then he went into appreciating his fans. He went through his own difficult times,’ she noted.
‘You look at all child celebrity and you either move on or you stay there.
‘It’s tough to get out of where they make fun of you and tease you and whatever. So you have to prove yourself. You have to have a really hard work ethic and a lot of luck and good people around you.’
When they were household names: The Osmonds – Alan, Wayne, Merrill, Jay, Donny, Jimmy and Marie in 1975
In another People segment, the star revealed she mingled with the hot men of her day.
‘I dated a lot of people and never really publicized it,’ the singer said coyly.
‘Michael McDonald, he was my first crush. David Cassidy, i was liked him. He was at the same recording studio as me one day and I though I’ll check him out. But I said it’s not going to happen because his butt is smaller than mine.’
She added, ‘Andy Gibb and I were dear friends,’ but did not admit they dated.
When the man interviewing her seemed shocked she was close to so many men, she fired back, ‘I was not a nun!’
She is still looking great: The performer seen here in May; she lost 50lbs with NutriSystem
- TOWIE's Amber Turner showcases her one stone weight loss in a tiny lilac bikini as she poses by an infinity pool during her Crete getaway
- Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, 43, secretly married girlfriend Taylor Simone Ledward as he started to lose his four-year battle against colon cancer and she was at his side when he died
- Pop goes the PC mob! When superstar Adele paid tribute to the Notting Hill Carnival, she was savaged for 'cultural appropriation'. Yet the irony is few have celebrated minority icons and issues with her passion, writes ALISON BOSHOFF
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance Calls for Awareness, Education Following Chadwick Boseman's Death
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Chi Chi DeVayne to Dame Vera Lynn
- When kids witness police violence, the trauma doesn't end when the gun is holstered
- Jane Fonda Is a Hard Act to Follow
- 21 New Books To Get Excited About This Fall
- 21 New Fall Books You Won't Want To Put Down
- Gloria Estefan puts on protective suit to hug grandson in lockdown on birthday
- Mollie King shares loved-up snap with boyfriend Stuart Broad in matching white outfits for romantic date as they jet abroad for sun-soaked holiday
- Howard University alum Chadwick Boseman's powerful commencement speech challenged students and praised protesters
Marie Osmond, 59, has 'scars' from childhood fame when she was 'made fun of and teased'... but now she's at her best after 50lb weight loss have 820 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.