Microsoft is all set to bring new set of updates to the Windows 10 operating system in April. The updates will be the first major Windows update in 2019 and will feature several improvements which provide a more convenient interface for Windows 10 users.
Here are five essential updates to look forward to in April:
Spectre Bug Fixes
Microsoft first launched an update to block Spectre attacks (A flaw in the processors that allows programs to escape their restrictions and read other programs’ memory spaces) in 2018, but the patch slowed CPU performance in few scenarios. The upcoming update aims to fix this flaw, which should make Spectre slowdowns a thing of the past.
Lack of free disk space usually prevents Windows updates from installing correctly. The upcoming upgrade will solve this issue by commandeering about 7 GB of your computer’s storage, reserving it for future updates. When additional space is required, Windows will merely delete temporary files to create the necessary space. The total amount of storage space needed for updates will depend on optional features and languages.
Windows will get a new light theme with the Start menu, taskbar, notifications and other interface elements all featuring a bright colour scheme. New default desktop wallpaper to match the new theme will also be introduced.
Microsoft is preparing to make improvements in the current setup version on Windows 10. Currently, the Windows 10 setup screen offers generic messages, which is hardly understood by an average user. Moreover, users have always complained about the setup screen being non user-friendly. Microsoft has acknowledged these problems in the current Windows 10 setup and are working on improving these. Moreover, the setup will display correctional error messages which will help all users efficiently resolve their issues.
Sandbox will be available on Professional, Enterprise and Education editions of Windows. Windows 10 will have a built-in Windows Sandbox, allowing you to run software in an isolated desktop environment without affecting your host operating system.
The upcoming Windows 10 update will also feature a less cluttered Start menu, allow you to uninstall more built-in apps, search all the files on your PC from the Start menu, more automatic Troubleshooting and so much more.Get access to India’s fastest growing financial subscriptions service Moneycontrol Pro for as little as Rs 599 for first year. Use the code “GETPRO”. Moneycontrol Pro offers you all the information you need for wealth creation including actionable investment ideas, independent research and insights & analysis For more information, check out the Moneycontrol website or mobile app.
- Windows 10 Review: New, Yet Familiar
- Windows 11 vs. Windows 10: Should You Upgrade? | Digital Trends
- What’s New in Windows 10’s November 2021 Update (21H2)
- New Windows 11 update could speed up your PC and fix a host of issues
- Windows 11 is bringing back the classic blue screen of death for when your PC stops working
- Chelsea want Szalai in January, Howe to Newcastle DELAYED, Xavi Barcelona boss LATEST, Sterling transfer update
- Update to Windows 10 Headache Free With A Pre-Upgrade Checklist
- Sky Glass gets first blockbuster upgrade bringing two big improvements to this TV
- Windows 11 FAQ: Our upgrade guide and everything else you need to know
- macOS Monterey, latest version, features and problems
- Firefox is coming to the Windows Store
- Weather forecast UK latest: Met Office issues ‘danger to life’ warning for Storm Arwen as London could see 3in of SNOW
- WhatsApp Spotted Developing UWP App for Windows Users, Apple Catalyst-Based macOS Update
- India vs New Zealand live score over 3rd T20I T20 1 5 updates | Cricket News
- David Nevins On New Paramount+ & Paramount TV Studios Duties, ViacomCBS’ “Healthy Ecosystem”, Showtime’s Big Weekend & More
- Galaxy tab s7 plus review: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus review: A new benchmark for Android tablets
- Interiors: DIY fans share their Scandi makeover hacks - from 89p prints to the best sales
- Samsung's One UI 4 update officially release today. Here's what that means for you
- WWDC 2013 Roundup: iOS 7, OS X 10.9, MacBooks, ‘Genius-like’ Radio app (plus new tidbits)
- Leaving lights on and putting recycling out cause biggest feuds in rentals, study finds
Major makeover: Latest Windows 10 update to bring improved Setup, new light theme, Spectre, Sandbox have 698 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 31, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.