GREENBELT, Md. — A federal judge in Maryland is hearing testimony for a trial involving the Trump administration’s addition of a citizenship question to the 2020 census. The plan has already been blocked by a different judge.
Former U.S. Census Bureau director John Thompson was the first plaintiffs’ witness for the bench trial that started Tuesday before U.S. District Judge George Hazel in Greenbelt, Maryland. Plaintiffs include residents of Arizona, Florida, Nevada and Texas.
The trial began a week after a federal judge in New York ruled Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross acted in an “arbitrary and capricious” manner before deciding to add the citizenship question. The Justice Department is appealing that ruling.
A trial began earlier this month in San Francisco for a separate lawsuit over the same issue, filed by the state of California.
- Democratic Attorneys General Are Suing the Trump Administration Over Census Citizenship Question
- The Trump Administration Cut Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Questions From the 2020 Census
- At RealDVD hearing, MPAA says copying DVDs never legal
- ABS apologises for AU$30m Census bungle, ISPs say IBM had standard DDoS protections disabled
- The Bill Cosby PR Machine Is Out in Full Force, and the Judge Is Not Amused
- Judge suggests Ceglia motions aim to stall Facebook case
- At Comey's Hearing, Donald Trump's Incompetence Was the GOP's Best Defense
- Post-Conviction Hearing Finally Scheduled for
- Judges let Napster play on -- for now
- Judge says defendant must decrypt files, Fifth Amendment not at issue
- The GOP's National Security Hearings Were Just An Excuse For Another Dumb Witch Hunt
- Judge to help feds against Google
- Texas Judge Orders Man to Marry His Girlfriend or Go to Jail
- Apple iPhone tech helps reinvent the hearing aid
- Stanford Sex Assault Judge Has Been Removed From an Upcoming Case
- Every Question the Bill Cosby Jurors Have Asked So Far [Updated]
- RealDVD case centers on copy questions
- Ex-White House aide a 'no-show' at impeachment probe, awaits ruling on testimony
- Ukraine testimony: What's been said so far, and what could trip up the Democrats
- Woman Held in Same Jail as Her Attacker to Ensure Her Testimony in Sexual Assault Case
Judge hearing testimony on 2020 census citizenship question have 337 words, post on www.startribune.com at January 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.