Breaking News Emails Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings. SUBSCRIBE Jan. 10, 2019, 2:39 PM GMT By Robert Frank, Scott Zamost, Hannah Kliot and Jasmine Wu, CNBC Last spring, Leonardo Galvez got an offer from JetSmarter that seemed too good to pass up. The private-jet start-up was offering Galvez its top-of-the-line “sophisticated membership,” which included unlimited, free private-jet flights and the chance to bring a guest. The membership usually cost $50,000 a year, but JetSmarter told Galvez that if he acted now, he could get three years for $97,500, which he accepted. Weeks later, Galvez was stunned when he tried to book a JetSmarter flight. Rather than flying for free as promised, he was told he would have to pay 75 percent of the cost of his flights. The guest pass and other benefits also disappeared, he said. “My heart dropped,” Galvez said. “My membership meant nothing anymore. It was the easiest money I ever lost in my life.” Galvez filed a lawsuit against JetSmarter and its salesperson for a refund and damages. JetSmarter declined to comment on any specific lawsuits but said in a statement that “changes to our… Read full this story
- Ex-Stobart boss faces probe over private jet hire
- A private-jet company is offering 'Alice in Wonderland' tea parties at 45,000 feet for ultrarich kids
- The super-rich are being scammed on their private jets
- Chris Pratt's new girlfriend Katherine Schwarzenegger looks tense as they board a private jet in LA
- The joys of having a private jet
- This company is asking teens their opinions on private jets
- Coco Austin breastfeeds daughter Chanel, 3, on a private jet in candid snaps... as she labels it a 'mother's calling'
- Carpetright faces £9m loss ahead of closures
- Taking the College Tour by Private Jet
JetSmarter tried to be the Uber of private jets. Now it faces lawsuits, losses and security questions. have 300 words, post on www.nbcnews.com at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.