My blinds collapsed this past weekend and I was pissed. Setting up blinds is, in my opinion, one of the most low-key aggravating parts of home furnishing. Drilling or wedging a bar into the wall sucks. I hate standing on a stepladder so close to a window. You have to make sure the fabric of the curtains themselves stay smooth during this whole process. And even once they’re up moving curtains, opening or adjusting them, never feels as smooth as I want so I just leave them constantly closed. I always save curtains for last when moving and hate it every time. In classic infomercial protagonist voice, “There’s got to be a better way.” Through the power of technology every part of our homes can become smarter and more connected thanks to the Internet of Things. That’s one of the biggest takeaways from CES 2019. Blinds are no exception. And if there’s one company more poised to deliver more smart home tech to the masses, along with Swedish horse meatballs, its IKEA. The furniture giant’s new smart blinds are coming soon, and they’re coming cheap. Now, these IKEA smart blinds don’t solve all of my issues with this particular part… Read full this story
- Kevin McKeever: Smart appliances, meet the smart aleck
- Knoxville things to do: KnoxAxe coming to State Street downtown
- Meatballs and DIY bookcases: The psychology behind Ikea's iconic success
- Is the Smart Home a Dumb Choice in the End?
- ComEd Prepares for Excessive Heat This Week
- Budget tips, bargains: Cheapest of the Cheap winners announced
- Morning Report: Dumb Mistakes on Smart Meters
- Exclusive Excerpt: Oscar Cásares’s Border Novel ‘Where We Come From’
- Niyo: For now, Tigers' rebuild nothing but blind faith
- Michigan School for the Blind restoration on pace to finish in 2020
IKEA’s Smart Blinds For Dumb Windows Are Coming Soon, And Cheap have 296 words, post on www.geek.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.