Ikea is known for its low-cost furniture, but over the past few months, the company has been expanding into a new market: inexpensive, decent-quality smart home gadgets, including connected lights and outlets. Now, if Ikea product pages are to be believed, the company is moving into the next area of the smart home: cheap, internet-controlled smart shades, via Zatz Not Funny. To start, Ikea is launching two models of smart blinds: the Kadrilj, a set of regular gray blinds that start at 99 euros (around $113) for the smallest size, and the Fyrtur, which are blackout shades that start at 119 euros (around $136). That’s aggressively low pricing, considering that most smart blind systems tend to start somewhere in the range of $300 to $500. Ikea is taking a simple approach to the smart shades: instead of wiring them into your house, the shades have a removable, rechargeable battery pack. An included remote will let you raise and lower the shades. The new shades will be compatible with Ikea’s Tradfri smart lights and smart plugs, and they will work with the same app. Even more usefully, you’ll also be able to control the shades with Alexa, HomeKit, and Google Assistant…. Read full this story
- NBA playoffs: Cavaliers finally play good defense but fizzle on offense in Game 5 loss
- Smart: JR Smith Is Known For Dirty Plays
- The Tesla Model 3 Makes The Future Feel Normal
- My 'Project Mongoose' Chevrolet Corvair Is Finally Becoming The Legend I Had In Mind
- Cristiano Ronaldo appears to complete full U-turn on transfer threat as he tells Real Madrid he will ‘see you next year’
- In Japanese, many ‘ands’ make hard work
- Melledew was determined to complete Vase victory
- My first IKEA experience: What newbies can expect when the store opens in Oak Creek May 16
- Chefs in Schools: The charity bringing top chefs in to make school dinners
- BREAKING! How a 2,000 yrs Old Chinese Herbal Therapy Saves Ijebu Man From Glaucoma, Poor Eyesight & Total Blindness!
Ikea’s cheap smart blinds could finally make the perfect lazy Sunday morning complete have 320 words, post on www.theverge.com at January 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.