Elections Talk of whether or not the U.S. is prepared to elect women leaders “takes me back,” 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton told an audience in New York on Monday, praising the resolve of that state’s female elected officials for getting legislation passed to protect women’s reproductive rights. The former secretary of state’s comment comes amid fresh discussion of the prospect of a female president after Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) took initial steps last week to begin running for president in 2020. Warren is the highest-profile Democrat to date to announce 2020 plans, and although her political views lie to left of Clinton’s, the two have long been the subject of comparison.Story Continued Below “There’s been a lot of talk recently about whether our country is ready for women leaders. Now that really takes me back,” Clinton said, eliciting laughter from the audience. “But today I want to thank all of you for your persistence,” Clinton said of several women officials at the event. “I know many of you and can attest as to how smart, determined, effective and, dare I say, likable you all are.” Warren’s entrance into the 2020 field has sparked not only fresh discussions regarding… Read full this story
- Hillary Clinton Calls for Electing Candidates Who Will ‘Bring Our Country Together’ After Bomb Scare
- Hillary Clinton and Lena Dunham are victims in their own minds
- 'I know they all look alike': Hillary Clinton is catching heat for a joke she made about Cory Booker and Eric Holder
- Major Women's Groups Silent On Hillary Clinton's 'Abuse Of Power' Comments
- Hillary Clinton 2020: Longtime Aide Says There’s a ‘Not Zero’ Chance of Run Against Donald Trump
- Count on Hillary Clinton running again in 2020
- Kellyanne Conway Calls Hillary Clinton 'The Queen Of Abortion' On 'Fox & Friends'
- How Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are changing the social media game
- Hillary Clinton 'Not in a Position to Be Throwing Stones,' Trevor Noah Says About Latest Lewinsky Comments
- My Fellow Republicans Need To Get Over Hillary Clinton And Take Trump's Corruption Seriously
Hillary Clinton: 'Likability' discussion around female candidates 'takes me back' have 351 words, post on www.politico.com at January 7, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.