Aleanna Siacon Detroit Free Press Published 4:16 PM EST Jan 14, 2019 Bryan Moore and his wife, Dominique, have deep ties to General Motors – especially the Detroit/Hamtramck Assembly plant. That’s where they met, fell in love and got married a year later. Today, they have five kids, and three — ages 6, 13 and 15 — still live with them at home. Now the Troy couple worries that they could end up assigned to plants in different states, uprooting or even splitting up the family. “This is our lives, our livelihood. … This has been a family thing,” Bryan Moore said. ”We fell in love right here in Detroit-Hamtramck. “I’ve known couples that have worked for General Motors that … have to live in different states and come together on the weekends and then go back. These are the things that we run the risk of having.” The Moores were among a handful of GM workers who gathered Monday at United Auto Workers Local 22 to talk about their fears of having families ripped apart by upcoming layoffs and transfers, a result of the plant’s closure in May. Celso Duque is president of UAW Local 22, which represents about 1,600 Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly workers. Duque said the plant — which manufactures the Chevrolet Volt, Buick… Read full this story
- GM may halt Chevy Volt production for the second time in September
- Despite slow sales, GM executive says the Chevrolet Volt is not dead
- Up to 1,500 workers at Ohio GM plant could be laid off
- GM to Build Its Own Batteries
- GM will make an autonomous car without steering wheel or pedals by 2019
- GM to Launch the World’s Largest Fleet of Self-Driving Cars, Documents Reveal
- Hard times in the rear-view mirror, GM dominated Detroit with cars we want to buy
- INSIGHTS GM's Demise and the Rise of CRM Culture
- GM’s “Heavy Keychain Recall” Reaches 1.6 Million Vehicles
- Show Recap: Detroit Goes Electro-tastic!
GM Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly braces for layoffs, transfers have 315 words, post on eu.freep.com at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.