Top members of President Donald Trump’s administration hit back at a bombshell BuzzFeed News report in multiple television appearances Sunday. Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s top attorney said he was “100%” certain Trump hadn’t directed Cohen to lie and blamed “hysteria” in the media, which CNN host Jake Tapper immediately refuted. Vice President Mike Pence said the report highlighted “hyper-partisanship” after Democratic lawmakers had called for further investigation into the report’s claims. Top members of President Donald Trump’s administration hit back at a bombshell BuzzFeed News report in multiple television appearances Sunday. The report was published Friday and based on information from federal law enforcement officials, said Trump had directed his former personal lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about the timing of negotiations over a potential Trump Tower in Moscow. The report prompted unprecedented responses from the administration in addition to special counsel Robert Mueller, who issued a public rebuke of the report, though his office didn’t specify which points he was questioning. Trump’s top attorney Rudy Giuliani waved off the widespread response to what he called a “phony” report, which he described as “hysteria” among the media covering the investigations into the Trump administration. “The reality is,… Read full this story
- BBC apologises after mistaking Brighton Pavilion for a mosque during a news report on Ramadan
- News reporter's x-rated blunder as she accidentally shows naked husband on TV
- Mike Pence mask fiasco deepens as reporter reveals every journalist traveling with him to Mayo Clinic was told to wear one despite VP refusing - so Pence's staff try to ban him from future reporting
- White House unfollows Modi on Twitter, reports Indian media
- Coronavirus: US news reporter appears on air without trousers in live WFH fail
- ABC News reporter forgets to wear pants during ‘Good Morning America’ segment from home
- NY attorney general looking into sex-harassment claims at NBC News, reporter says
- Trump ‘to oust health dept watchdog’ after slamming ‘fake news’ report highlighting lack of test kits, ventilators & PPE
- How a US Government-Sponsored Outlet Sparked Media Hysteria About Kim Jong-un's 'Death'
- Intel Agencies Reportedly Blame China for Scrapping Evidence of Virus Outbreak, Point Finger at WHO
Giuliani and Pence go on the defensive after explosive BuzzFeed News report, blame media 'hysteria' have 368 words, post on www.businessinsider.com.au at January 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.