People who pooh-pooh the cord-cutting phenomenon love to argue that the cost of streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu really adds up, to the point where someone who dumps cable in favor of streaming isn’t actually saving money. advertisement advertisement Such skeptics haven’t accounted for free streaming services like Tubi, which allow cord cutters to watch thousands of movies and shows without subscriptions. Although Tubi’s been around for almost five years, it’s enjoying a growth spurt as more people ditch cable and seek cheaper alternatives. The company just announced that viewership in 2018 was 4.3 times greater than the year before, and that December alone brought in more viewing time than all of 2017. (It did not share specific hard numbers, though it claims to be the largest ad-supported streaming service.) The rest of the industry is now taking notice of free streaming, especially with the subscription business becoming more crowded. Last week, Viacom acquired Pluto TV for $340 million to jump-start its ad-supported video business, and earlier this month, mega-broadcaster Sinclair launched a free streaming service called Stirr. Amazon also launched a service called Freedive through its iMDb brand, and The Roku Channel has been expanding its ad-supported… Read full this story
- Where to Buy PC Satellite TV Software - Buy Best Online TV Software
- Real Free Satellite TV on PC - What is it & How Do You Get It
- Online Dating Services For Singles Rise In Popularity Suggest They Are The Best Way To Find A Date
- Old Cut Diamonds - Should They Be Re-Cut to Modern Brilliant Cuts?
- Cold Process Soap Making - A Unique Crafting Experience
- Earn Cash Make Money Online-3 Hot Tips To Consider Before Investing In Home Based Businesses
- Self Help And Anger Management
- A Totally Free Online Dating Service May Just Be Your Ticket To Finding Your Next Mr. Or Ms. Right
- Making Polymer Clay Beads - A Fun New Craft Idea the Whole Family Can Enjoy
- Are Remote Backup Services Cost-Effective?
Free TV streaming services like Tubi help make cord cutting make sense have 335 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 30, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.