Former US president George W Bush tried his hand at delivering pizza to treat unpaid Secret Service staff amid the ongoing government shutdown. The Republican posted a picture of himself on social media bringing a stack of pizzas to his security detail, who have not received a paycheck since the partial government shutdown began last month.Donald Trump has shown no sign of bringing the crisis to an end as he continues to clash with his Democrat opponents over funding for his proposed southern border wall, despite 800,000 federal employees having been off work since 22 December.Those who have continued to work have not received their salary for doing so during what has become the longest shutdown in US history.Mr Bush said in his Facebook and Instagram posts that he and wife Laura “are grateful to our Secret Service personnel and the thousands of federal employees who are working hard for our country without a paycheck”.He added: “And we thank our fellow citizens who are supporting them. It’s time for leaders on both sides to put politics aside, come together, and end this shutdown.”The partial shutdown has sparked protests across the US, with it affecting a range of tourist attractions and… Read full this story
- Barbara Bush, daughter of ex-President George W. Bush, supports gay marriage
- 'Miss Me Yet?' billboard featuring ex-President George W. Bush draws attention well beyond Minnesota
- Pizza delivery man dies after hit-and-run accident in Brooklyn
- White House response to former President George Bush's criticism of Obama administration: 'We won'
- Ex-President George W. Bush rips wisdom of Barack Obama, Sarah Palin and John McCain to friends
- Ex-President George W. Bush delays launch of memoir 'Decision Points' until after midterm elections
- 'Debate' between ex-Presidents George W. Bush, Bill Clinton is nixed
- President George Bush tackles questions on economy, war in news conference
- President George Bush says Benazir Bhutto's assassination a 'cowardly act'
- Secret Service detail for Bush, code name 'Timberwolf,' ends
Ex-president George W Bush turns pizza delivery man to treat Secret Service amid US shutdown have 331 words, post on news.sky.com at January 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.