BUSINESS 01/12/2019 12:59 am ET The aerospace company pointed to “extraordinarily difficult challenges ahead.” By Amy Russo In a major shakeup at Elon Musk’s aerospace company, SpaceX announced Friday that it will cut 10 percent of its employees. Behind the move is a planned realignment of its workforce in order to meet its long-term business goals. However, it will mean a significant hit for its current labor pool, which numbers roughly 6,000 people. In a statement, a SpaceX spokesperson told HuffPost the reduction in staff was needed so that the company could set itself up for future successes. To continue delivering for our customers and to succeed in developing interplanetary spacecraft and a global space-based Internet, SpaceX must become a leaner company. Either of these developments, even when attempted separately, have bankrupted other organizations. This means we must part ways with some talented and hardworking members of our team. We are grateful for everything they have accomplished and their commitment to SpaceX’s mission. This action is taken only due to the extraordinarily difficult challenges ahead and would not otherwise be necessary. One of SpaceX’s major goals, as alluded to in its statement, has been to send tourists into space, potentially even… Read full this story
- Space enthusiasts await Elon Musk update on '"Starship" plans
- Elon Musk unveils plan for SpaceX’s Mars ‘Starship’ rocket
- Elon Musk: AI will soon make us look like monkeys
- Elon Musk: AI will soon make us look like apes
- Elon Musk unveils new SpaceX rocket
- Incredible moment Elon Musk’s SpaceX rocket touches back down at Cape Canaveral after mission to the International Space Station
- Can Elon Musk’s SpaceX bring high-speed Internet to Alabama?
- Boring tweets: Elon Musk teases followers with tunnel and Hyperloop pipe dreams
- Elon Musk envisions Mars colony in 8 years' time
- Elon Musk Unveils SpaceX’s Newest Mars-Colonizing Spacecraft
Elon Musk's SpaceX To Slash 10 Percent Of Staff have 312 words, post on www.huffingtonpost.com at January 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.