source REUTERS/Dado Ruvic Details about Google’s future version of Android, called Android “Q”, have emerged. A video with a leaked, early version of Q shows some major changes for privacy controls, as well as a new “dark mode” option. It’s still early days for Android Q, and anything can change between now and its official release. The newest version of Google’s mobile operating system, Android Pie, is just beginning to make its way onto devices this year, after being limited to Google’s Pixel device following its August launch. On Thursday, however, Android enthusiast forum XDA-Developers got a hold of an early build of Google’s upcoming version of Android, called Android “Q.” Given that this is still early build, there aren’t very many changes that are worthy of note so far. Except for two. Google is making big changes to the way you control your privacy on Android Q. And it’s introducing the option to enable an operating-system-wide dark mode. Dark mode makes it more comfortable to use your device in dark settings. And it helps save battery life on devices with OLED displays, which includes pretty much every premium flagship Android smartphone in recent memory. Of course, this is an… Read full this story
- Google’s $450 million ADT investment proves it’s serious about home security
- Google: This Android PIN-protected 'Safe' folder lets you lock away private files
- Google says your Android phone can help detect earthquake
- Google announces new tools to help with virtual education during the pandemic
- Google reveals devastating iPhone vulnerabilities - but hides one which the company hasn't fixed
- Media Start-up: Africa Check in South Africa
- Google turns Androids into 'mini seismometer' by alerting users of an earthquake before it strikes
- Is your Google Home or Nest secure? How to find and delete your private data
- HMD Global wins investment from Google, Qualcomm and others
- Windows 10 version 1903: When will you get the next big feature update?
Details about Google’s next version of the Android operating system — Android ‘Q’ — are already starting to come out have 331 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at January 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.