Blake Nordstrom, who led the upscale department store chain Nordstrom as co-president with his brothers Erik and Peter, has died. He was 58.
The Seattle-based company did not disclose the cause of death, saying Nordstrom passed away unexpectedly early Wednesday. Last month, Nordstrom said that he had been diagnosed with lymphoma, but that his cancer was treatable.
Nordstrom Inc. said in a statement that its executive leadership will continue under Erik and Peter Nordstrom. The company is publicly traded, but family members still own about 30 percent of its shares. The family group had hoped to take the company private last year, but a special committee for its board rejected the offer as too low.
Blake Nordstrom had worked at the chain for more than 40 years. He was the great-grandson of company founder John W. Nordstrom, a Swedish immigrant who opened a Seattle shoe store in 1901 that eventually became a national department store chain.
“Everyone who worked with Blake knew of his passion and deep commitment to employees, customers and the communities we serve,” said Nordstrom Inc. Chairman Brad Smith said.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.
- French 'yellow vests' shut down top Paris department store
- Shopper 'moves in' to Kmart for 24 hours to see whether it's possible to live in the department store - eating lollies for dinner and sleeping in a pillow fort
- Donald Trump Has Been Accused Of Raping An Advice Columnist In A Department Store Dressing Room
- Debenhams, M&S, John Lewis and more department store Boxing Day opening and closing times
- Debenhams January sale - best 2018 deals as department store launches half price sale
- Bloomingdales Black Friday deals 2019: What to expect from the US luxury department store
- Walmart, Target and 6 Other Retailers That Have Bucked Trends to Open New Stores
- Best Nordstrom Black Friday Deals 2019
- Mysterious last act of executed man Ray Jefferson Cromartie
- Rent the Runway and Nordstrom have big plans to reshape retail