Washington – Top congressional Democrats said President Donald Trump “has chosen fear” in his drive to build a southern border wall and called on him to reopen the government shuttered because of the standoff over his demand for money for the barrier. Speaking moments after Trump made his case for the wall in an Oval Office address Tuesday night, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told a national television audience that the president’s rhetoric has been “full of misinformation and even malice.” Standing alongside her, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said America’s symbol “should be the Statute of Liberty, not a 30-foot wall.” He accused Trump of trying to “stoke fear and divert attention” from his tumultuous administration. The Democrats’ prime-time remarks were something of a debut for the newly empowered opposition. Less than a week after Democrats seized control of the House, Pelosi and Schumer stood side-by-side at a lectern in a joint appearance that appeared designed to emphasize their party’s unity. They spoke moments after Trump warned of a “growing humanitarian and security crisis” at the border with Mexico. He said it was “immoral” for politicians “to do nothing and continue to allow more innocent people to be so horribly… Read full this story
- Satirical Ikea border wall would save President Trump billions
- CNN Put Donald Trump's Border Wall to the Test and Figured Out it's a Money-Suck
- Mexico Be Like 'Happy Easter Trump! Fuck You and Your Border Wall!'
- Report: Donald Trump's Border Wall Will Be Exorbitantly Expensive
- Orange County Bar Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With Inflatable Border Wall, Fake Green Cards
- Mexico's Grand Prix Speaks Out Against Trump Border Wall
- Noted Deal Expert Quickly Gives Up on Funding for His Border Wall
- Here Are Trump's Plans For His Godforsaken Border Wall
- National Security Cutter Munro Is America's Real Border Wall
- Donald Trump Spins Himself Into a Wall, Blames Healthcare Defeat on Democrats
Dems: Trump has 'chosen fear' in bid for border wall have 320 words, post on www.detroitnews.com at January 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.