NPR subscribe to NPR Politics Podcast podcast NPR One Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Pocket Casts Spotify RSS link Politics Facebook Twitter Flipboard Email Enlarge this image House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer pose for pictures after delivering a response to President Trump’s televised address to the nation. Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images hide caption toggle caption Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer pose for pictures after delivering a response to President Trump’s televised address to the nation. Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images Updated at 10:38 p.m. ET Democrats again rejected President Trump’s demand for a wall on the Southern border following an Oval Office address Tuesday night in which Trump insisted the wall is the only solution to an influx of migration from Mexico and Central America. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called Trump’s decision to shut down the government over the wall “just plain wrong” in a televised response to the president’s address. The speeches were part of an aggressive public relations campaign to win public support in the standoff over the 18-day partial government shutdown. Politics Trump Pushes For Wall Amid Shutdown, Says There’s… Read full this story
- Donald Trump is ALREADY talking to aides about how he should celebrate his acquittal including whether he should address the nation from the Oval Office
- Michigan governor to give Democratic response to Trump State of the Union address
- Trump Impeachment Trial Day Five: What to Watch For As Democrats Wrap Up Opening Arguments
- Trump mocks Democrats, revives border wall promise in Iowa campaign speech
- Fox's Napolitano: There is 'ample and uncontradicted' evidence supporting Trump's removal from office
- Democrats Warn Trump Is A "Danger To The Country" In Closing Impeachment Arguments
- Democrats warn at impeachment trial that Trump will abuse his office again if not removed
- Democrats worry Trump team will cherry-pick withheld documents during defense
- Trump becomes first president to address March for Life
- What’s in Store for Impeachment Trial as Trump’s Team Prepares to Address the House?
Democrats Reject Trump's Wall Argument After Oval Office Address have 348 words, post on www.npr.org at January 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.