Good Sunday morning. (Was this email forwarded to you? Sign up here .) Tim Cook, Matt Damon, economic worries and social unrest The week of the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum is a fire hose of news. Headlines, predictions, sightings and tidbits that months and years later are recognized as the flash point for much larger shifts and trends can often get overlooked. To help you sort through it all, we’ve put together this crib sheet of everything that we think was important that happened here in Davos. (Yes, I’m writing this from Davos on my way home.) Before we get into the substance, a couple of observations. The World Economic Forum has traditionally brought together the world’s top political and business leaders. But this year, the political leaders were largely absent — remaining in their home countries to handle crises largely of their own making (President Trump with the shutdown and Prime Minister Theresa May with Brexit). The surprise guest this year was Tim Cook, Apple’s chief executive, making his first appearance; it may be an indication of Apple’s increasing dependence on foreign markets for growth. The topic du jour (besides the shutdown) was a debate over… Read full this story
- The YouTube Shortcuts and Tips Cheat Sheet
- The Windows Run Commands Cheat Sheet
- Katie Price's My Crazy Life trailer teases 'mucky mansion' and her cheating scandal
- Justin Timberlake's 'Drunk' Sighting With Alisha Wainwright Brings to Light Past Cheating, Betrayal Claims
- Dan Osborne flees UK for 'crisis talks' with Jacqueline Jossa over cheat claims
- Genetic Test Could Reveal a Cheating Heart
- Thursday briefing: Political climate too hot for Johnson?
- Prezza needs crib sheet to tell him what side he's on! Rambling Prescott scrawls 'Better Together' on back of his hand
- A Brief History of Uber and Google's Very Complicated Relationship
- How a Brief Trader Joe’s Interaction Turned Into Gary Gulman’s Magnum Opus
DealBook Briefing: Your Davos Cheat Sheet have 324 words, post on www.nytimes.com at January 27, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.