To mark what would have been David Bowie’s 72nd birthday, the musical innovator is getting an innovative app. The David Bowie Is… augmented-reality app is based on the record-breaking museum exhibition of the same name, which toured the world before ending after a run at New York’s Brooklyn Museum last year. The app features more than 400 items to explore, including video and images from Bowie’s life on and off camera, complete with a musical soundtrack, and narration from Oscar-winning actor Gary Oldman. As the creators put it, the app gains you access to all the exhibits: “Without the entire exhibition in the intimacy of your own environment, without glass barriers, vitrines, or throngs of visitors.” Considering how crowded the show was at the Brooklyn Museum, you may not have been able to read handwritten lyric sheets over the shoulder of a tall flannel-clad guy, but thanks to the app you now have the opportunity. The David Bowie Is AR mobile app is the first release from a collaboration between the David Bowie Archive and Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., which hosted the exhibition in Tokyo in 2017. They conscripted New York-based studio Planeta to design and develop the AR/VR versions… Read full this story
- David Bowie exhibition comes to virtual realm
- Unreleased tracks revealed for David Bowie's 1968/'69 box set
- 'Scotland, stay with us' - David Bowie weighs into independence debate at Brits
- Exclusive! The second coming of David Bowie's Never Let Me Down
- David Bowie early years documentary coming to BBC2 next year
- Jennifer Connelly says David Bowie was ‘so kind’ on set of Labyrinth and made her feel ‘so comfortable’
- David Bowie in the '80s: "Stardom wasn't his end goal"
- Johnny Flynn Will Play David Bowie In New Biopic STARDUST
- David Bowie: "He kept failing, then dusted himself down"
- Tracklist revealed for new David Bowie boxset, Loving The Alien (1983
David Bowie Is now an app that makes fun use of augmented reality–and Gary Oldham have 321 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at January 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.