By Jade Scipioni Published January 11, 2019 Food and Beverage FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print article Costco’s “doomsday” product line is apparently taking off. Continue Reading Below The wholesaler made news this week for selling out of its 26-pound bucket of macaroni and cheese that has a shelf life of up to 20 years. MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM COSTCO ROLLS OUT DOOMSDAY FOOD SURVIVAL KITS FOR UP TO $6,000 BIG RETAIL CHAINS ARE RAPIDLY CLOSING IN NEW YORK CITY GAP TO SHUTTER ITS FIFTH AVENUE STORE The product, according to the company’s website, has been on the market for several years but only recently became “out of stock.” Under its details, the cheese and pasta are packaged in separate bulk “Metalite pouches” with oxygen absorbers, “to protect the quality and ensure a long shelf life.” Over the last few years, as reported by FOX Business, Costco has been rolling out several products for doomsday-type scenarios. Advertisement In March, the company made headlines for rolling out three emergency food kits on its website, ranging from $1,000 up to $6,000, all of which are designed to feed a family of four for a year. The retailer first offered emergency food kits over six years ago. One… Read full this story
- Pakistan to pay China $40b on $26.5b CPEC investments in 20 years
- Costco is selling a 27-pound tub of mac and cheese that lasts 20 years
- Concert recap: Celebrating 20 years of Manila Philharmonic Orchestra
- 20-year-old Malaysian pop star Haqiem Rusli deleted all his Instagram posts and may quit singing due to ‘depression’
- She Has Worked Hard at Her Job for 20 Years. She Has Autism.
- A 20 Year Study Reveals the Most Effective ‘Thinking Style’ at Work. How Do Asian Entrepreneurs Measure Up?
- 10 Jobs That (Maybe) Won’t Exist in 20 Years
- My 20+ Year Career in Venture Capital and Private Equity is Built Upon a Rubber Chicken
- 26 ways you're storing food wrong that are cutting down its shelf life
Costco sells out of 26 lb. mac & cheese tub with 20-year shelf life have 327 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at January 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.