Updated 9:08 pm CST, Thursday, January 17, 2019
A Comal County Sheriff’s deputy died in an accident that involved Thursday afternoon in Schertz.
Police say Deputy Ray Horn, 44, was off duty and may have suffered a medical emergency while driving home. At about 5:15 p.m., he collided with other vehicles at the intersection of F.M. 3009, according to the Schertz Police Department. Investigators were still trying to determine the exact sequence of events.
He was rushed to an area hospital, but was pronounced dead shortly after arrival, police said.
One other person involved in the accident was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
At about 9 p.m. Schertz investigators were still at the scene, reconstructing the accident.
Several lanes of traffic going both east and west are closed, police said, and would stay closed for several hours until the investigation at the site is complete.
- Disturbing moment 'finance guru' Porsche driver screams 'I hope you die' to a cancer victim– as he's questioned for fleeing scene of crash that killed four cops
- Eastern Freeway tragedy: Porsche driver Richard Pusey’s home vandalised with word ‘DIE’
- Police condemn 'evil' Richard Pusey for allegedly taunting dying cop after fatal crash
- Woman, 22, dies eight days after being hit by Ukrainian heiress who ploughed into pedestrians as she becomes sixth victim of the horror crash
- Your Binge Watch, Solved: 54 Stars and Showrunners Reveal Their Favorite Episodes of Their Own Shows
- Dr. Phil Defends Opening Up America, Compares Coronavirus Death Rate to Car and Swimming Pool Accidents
- With fewer cars on the road, motorists are shifting into high gear -- driving 100 mph or more
- Family of Britain's first ever Sikh A&E consultant, 52, tell of devastation after 'selfless pioneer' died of coronavirus - as relatives can't be with grieving wife and children due to lockdown
- Coronavirus live updates: Napa County loosens restrictions, allows construction, gardening
- Coronavirus live updates: Sonoma County to require masks at care facilities, for first responders
- Tearful Aaron Carter Admits He 'Makes Mistakes' but Claims He Doesn't Drink Alcohol Following DUI Arrest
- Dancing on Ice: 9 of the worst accidents of all time, from Joe Swash to Vanessa Bauer
- Care minister Helen Whately is wheeled out for FOUR car crash interviews on NHS failings on PPE, care homes, frontline workers who have died and medic testing numbers
- She Was A 93-Year-Old "Firecracker" Who Loved Fast Cars And Bingo Before She Died Of The Coronavirus
- Coronavirus live updates: New tests find 1st U.S. death much earlier than known, in Santa Clara County
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I can't find the finger!' Listen as Johnny Depp's doctor shouts as he combs through trash and blood-spattered debris while Amber Heard sobs violently after 'hurling vodka bottle at actor', as medic races to find severed digit in explosive audio
- Italian police probe care home 'massacre' as 190 die in ONE home with 1,000 residents during coronavirus outbreak amid claims staff were not allowed to wear masks
- How one crash claimed the lives of four police officers on Melbourne's busy Eastern Freeway
- Eastern Freeway tragedy: Porsche driver comes forward after witnessing death of four police officers
- Eastern Freeway tragedy: Porsche driver arrested after witnessing death of four police officers
Comal County deputy suffers medical episode, dies following three-car accident in Schertz have 514 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.