Colorado Springs’ housing market will remain strong in 2019, but should strike a fairer balance between buyers and sellers, one local real estate expert says.Exceptionally tight inventories gave sellers the upper hand in 2017 and early 2018 — allowing them to select from multiple offers that often exceeded their asking price, especially if they listed a home for $300,000 and below, said Bruce Betts, broker/owner of Re/Max Advantage in the Springs.The fierce competition for limited numbers of homes in lower price ranges left many buyers disappointed and frustrated when their bids fell short, he said.The market, however, is poised for improvement. Prices still are headed up this year, perhaps by 5 percent, Betts said. The supply of homes also should rise in 2019, which will give buyers more choices and reduce — though not eliminate — the number of multiple offers for desirable properties.“Multiple offers under $300,000, we’re going to continue to see that,” Betts said. “It’s unlikely we’ll see 23 offers. Now, we might see four or five. But we’ll still see it.”Betts’ forecast came as part of the 28th annual economic forecast breakfast hosted by the Institute of Real Estate Management’s local chapter, held Thursday at the downtown… Read full this story
- UK housing market 'stabilises' in May
- Colorado Springs’ luxury resort, The Broadmoor, is turning 100. We look back at its storied history.
- uBreakiFix Grows in Colorado Springs, Opens Second Location
- Jon Stewart on hosting the Warrior Games in Colorado Springs, and his return to stand-up
- Thieves drag Colorado Springs homeowner behind SUV for hundreds of yards
- Why sustainability is key to Northern Ireland's housing market
- Neuroprosthetics Market Segmentation, Application, Technology & Industry Analysis Research Report 2023
- Britain’s housing market split in two as prices grow faster in the north and south struggles, according to Rightmove
- Global Variable Rate Technology (VRT) Market 2018 Regional Analysis, Industry Demand, Trends, Size, Share, Forecast 2023
- Global Space Tourism Market 2018 Regional Analysis, Industry Demand, Trends, Size, Share, Forecast 2023
Colorado Springs housing market will remain strong in 2019, industry expert predicts have 331 words, post on gazette.com at January 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.