At least 15 people have died after extremists staged a “co-ordinated” terror attack on a luxury hotel and office complex in Kenya. A British man and an American man are among the casualties, a mortuary worker has told Reuters. Their bodies were identified based on identification documents.Gunmen set off thunderous explosives and shot people at cafe tables and desks – with the Islamic militant group al Shabaab claiming it was behind the attack.Eleven of the other victims are believed to be Kenyan while the nationalities of two others were not clear.Late on Tuesday evening, Kenya’s interior minister said all buildings at the scene had been secured – with scores of people evacuated after the siege.However, the official did not comment on the attackers’ whereabouts, and said security forces were still “mopping up”.An hour later, bursts of gunfire were still being heard at the DusitD2 complex in Nairobi – suggesting the situation was not under control some eight hours after the assault initially began.The venue includes bars, restaurants, offices and banks and is a popular destination with US, European and Indian expats. Reports of the numbers of people dead and wounded have varied – and authorities have not said how many… Read full this story
- Melia Hanoi: Asia"s "Luxury Hotel with Conference Centre"
- Mali deepens probe into deadly attack on luxury hotel
- Indonesia arrests IS-linked groups planning terror attacks
- VN strongly condemns terror attacks in Turkey, Ivory Coast
- Vietnam strongly condemns terror attacks in Turkey, Ivory Coast
- At least 35 killed, 40 wounded in Istanbul nightclub 'terror attack'
- At least 120 people killed in Paris 'terror' attacks
- Manchester terror attack: What we know
- Vietnam strongly condemns bomb terror attacks in Belgium
- Journalists in line of fire over reporting of terror attacks
Briton among 15 killed in terror attack at luxury hotel complex in Kenya have 294 words, post on news.sky.com at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.