Brexit defeat: Work together to find solution and avoid ‘disaster’ Northern Ireland businesses appeal to politicians BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Northern Ireland’s business community urged politicians from all parties to work together to find a solution to avoid “disaster” for the province after the draft Withdrawal Agreement was rejected. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/brexit-defeat-work-together-to-find-solution-and-avoid-disaster-northern-ireland-businesses-appeal-to-politicians-37716182.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article37257988.ece/543ac/AUTOCROP/h342/ss_Eye_-_Belfa24.jpg Email Northern Ireland’s business community urged politicians from all parties to work together to find a solution to avoid “disaster” for the province after the draft Withdrawal Agreement was rejected. Business groups in Northern Ireland who supported the agreement expressed frustration with the continued uncertainty and expressed alarm over the prospect of a no-deal Brexit. Ann McGregor, the chief executive of the Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry, called on politicians to find an alternative to the draft agreement to avoid a no-deal. She said that while the chamber’s members did not all agree on what a Brexit agreement should involve, she said all wanted to avoid a messy and disorderly no-deal. “To achieve this we therefore need an agreement that will secure the transition period and protect jobs,” she said. “As businesses wait to see what happens next in Parliament, it is crucial that those at Westminster move beyond tactical… Read full this story
- £30m to be spent on Northern Ireland hospital waiting lists
- Q&A: Why are Northern Ireland's health workers taking industrial action?
- Fatalities in Northern Ireland workplaces up by a third
- Leaked Brexit paper unstitches PM's Northern Ireland claims, says Corbyn
- Senior Tories' report on scrapping backstop 'ignored' Northern Irish business concerns
- EU tells Theresa May to break the Brexit impasse over Northern Ireland ahead of Brussels summit
- Past haunts Northern Ireland 20 years after the 'troubles'
- Why Northern Ireland is ridiculing Boris Johnson's Brexit proposals
- Johnson's Brexit Deal is Labelled ‘Betrayal Act’ in Northern Ireland but Will DUP Pay the Price?
- Corbyn Claims 'Secret' Docs Show There Will Be Customs Checks Between Britain and Northern Ireland
Brexit defeat: Work together to find solution and avoid 'disaster' Northern Ireland businesses appeal to politicians have 352 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at January 15, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.