Biotech company Angle has scored a win after its blood testing technology was central in helping doctors discover a potentially ground-breaking treatment for cancer. The Aim-listed firm’s device, called Parsortix, is able to catch tumour cells circulating in the blood through a simple blood test. Now researchers at Basel University Hospital in Germany have now shown that Parsortix can also harvest tumour cells that are attached to each other in clusters, called circulating tumour cell clusters, or CTC clusters. These are highly metastatic meaning they spread the cancer easily, but research has been limited because until now it has not been possible to harvest them. “Where these clusters are present… To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free Register for free to continue reading this article Register Or unlock all Premium articles, free for 30 days Start trial Already have an account? Login Want to learn more? View all subscriptions
- New ‘Holy Grail’ blood test can detect 10 cancers at early stages
- Blood Test Could Detect Cancer Years Before Patients Fall Ill And 'Save Many Lives'
- Blood test could detect people’s breast cancer risk at birth and save millions of lives, research claims
- Blood test to ‘detect cancer years before illness’ hailed as major breakthrough
- Home testing kit can detect HIV in just 15 minutes
- Lisa Riley admits she’s terrified of dying but hasn’t had the cancer gene test – despite losing four family members to the disease
- 'Holy grail' blood test to detect 10 types of cancer years before symptoms begin
- Prostate cancer spit test trialled
- Dying Limerick mother settles cancer smear test case for €2.5m in High Court
- Lifesaving blood test for ovarian cancer
Biotech minnow Angle triumphs with cancer blood testing kit have 308 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at January 10, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.