MANILA, Philippines — The country’s best professional basketball players will share the spotlight with beauty queens and other athletes when the PBA opens its 44th season on Sunday at the Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan.
The PBA teams tapped high-profile women as their muses for the opening ceremonies, with perennial crowd favorite Barangay Ginebra making an immediate splash by naming Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as their muse.
Not to be outdone, Blackwater chose not one but two muses — Bb. Pilipinas Globe and Creamline star Michele Gumabao, and Olympic swimmer Jasmine Alkhaldi.
San Miguel, meanwhile, is going with Bb. Pilipinas International Kylie Verzosa.
NLEX also made headlines by choosing volleyball superstar Alyssa Valdez as their muse, with team governor Rodrigo Franco touting the Creamline ace as “a true-blue supporter of the Road Warriors.”
“She attends our games, and continues to support the squad even as Kiefer (Ravena) is currently unable to play,” said Franco, referring to Valdez’s boyfriend who is still serving a suspension stemming from his violation of WADA policies.
Kapamilya star Yam Concepcion will be the muse for Phoenix, while actress Klea Pineda will walk with the Alaska Aces.
Meanwhile, the Magnolia Hotshots will be parading with the Megastar herself, Sharon Cuneta.
Rain or Shine, TNT, Columbian, and NorthPort have yet to name their muses for the opening ceremonies.
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.
- Vietnam beauty queen rocks Son Doong Cave
- Human trafficking: Verify traveling contracts before signing, says beauty queen
- Beauty queen H’Hen Niê releases photos to promote Sơn Đoòng Cave, the world’s largest
- Muslim Beauty Queen From Ireland Says She Is Being Ripped, Shamed Online
- 5 lessons from USA's first bisexual beauty queen
- LeBron James Posts Rare Photo With Mom Gloria: 'Beautiful Queen of all Queens'
- Happy Birthday Madhubala! Rare Interview That Reveals Many Sides To The Beauty Queen
- Queen and Adam Lambert open 2019 Oscars, brings A-listers to their feet
- "The Good Place" actress Jameela Jamil opens up about having an abortion
- Age-defying actress, 63, dubbed the 'hottest aunt in Taiwan' because she looks so good people think she's in her 30s, reveals her beauty secrets